BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suicide Bugs.

Chapter-Master

Default Suicide Bugs.

Seriously, where's my suicide bugs for Tyranids!

[url]http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21128295.400-kamikaze-ants-protect-the-colony.html#.UkGdwBboDJA[/url]
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chaplain

I would love to see a combo of the spore mines and ripper swarms rules...wait, no I wouldn't
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    I would love to see a combo of the spore mines and ripper swarms rules...wait, no I wouldn't
    Why not?

I love the idea of the Pyrovore. It is the bug suicide unit. It just needs to be slightly cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Why not?

I love the idea of the Pyrovore. It is the bug suicide unit. It just needs to be almost free.
    There fixed that price quote for you.

Brother-Sergeant

Why not?

I love the idea of the Pyrovore. It is the bug suicide unit. It just needs to be slightly cheaper.
    Not only is it too expensive, it doesn't even really do that job very well. It has to suffer instant death and roll 4+ to explode. Not to mention the fact that a large majority of things that will kill it in close combat with instant death won't give a crap about the str 3 ap - explosion that might happen.
    Richard | Co-Host: Preferred Enemies Podcast | www.preferredenemies.com

Chapter-Master

It would be silly for it to be free.

Yes, yes yes, the rules need to be changed.

However, there's still no denying that the unit's intended effects was it to be run into an opposing unit, then die, showering their opponent in acid.

I said almost free.
    The unit is just bad. A heavy flamer is great for killing Tyranids and cleaning the hull of the ship. But the current version of the Pyrovore is horrible. I think the original intention was a tyranid player could drop them in a pod to clean out an area or to run them behind the little bugs to flame bunkers. The problems are well documented.

For a suicide bug we need something in the FA slot with a bomb strapped to it. Take some turtle DNS mix in a rabbit for speed and the venom cannon DNA for a blast radius and send them forward, Maybe a mutation off the gargoyle, yhea flying bombs. Now that is the kind of evil a tyranid player can breed.

Also the flying bomb and gargoyles need rules for clogging up the intake vents on fliers....

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    Also the flying bomb and gargoyles need rules for clogging up the intake vents on fliers....
    This is the best idea for bugs. Ever. I would love to be able to halt the progress of vehicles by choking their parts with bug bodies. Maybe the next space marine upgrade can be a mosquito net/grill.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    I am sure that has been suggested previously,

ah ha:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Special Rule: Bird Strike
    Once per turn any gargoyle unit may attempt a bird strike on a flyer/skimmer within 3". On a roll of 5+ a gargoyle model is removed from play and the vehicle suffers a glancing hit as the gargoyle is sucked into an air intake.
    Jink saves may be taken though no other form of save or cover save may.

I was thinking along the lines of:

Flight 1549:
    During the movement phase, while under hive mind control, a Gargoyles unit may move into base to base with an opponent's flyer in attempt to damage a flyer. The Gargoyle squad takes 2D6 wounds (armor save allowed), and the enemy flyer takes D3 Str7 AP4 hits (side armor) as the Gargoyles impact into the plane's fuselage, cockpit, and engines.

I think it is important to recognize the direct control of the hive mind. The gargoyles instinctively would not sacrifice themselves. Also, it takes a lot of birds to screw up a plane. Furthermore, it would encourage you to take large squads. The armor save is in there because you never know, the gargoyle might survive flying through the turbine...

Maybe even tag in there Swooping Monsterous Creature.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Yes.

More Suicide Bugs.

MOAR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast