BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Q: If a unit of models that are Psykers and armed with force
    weapons are affected by the You! You’re a Traitor! result of the
    Hallucination psychic power from the Telepathy discipline, does
    this force them to spend warp charge points (if they have any
    available) and activate their force weapons for the hits they inflict
    upon their own unit? (Reference section).
    A: Yes.
    If you are able to active the force weapon I see no reason why you can't active any other special ability, including the Smite Mode. Man that would suck to have to use your one time ability on yourself LOL, but the chances of that happening aren't that great LOL.

Veteran-Sergeant

hehe, just beat me to it posting that Keithsilva. Thanks though!

I still question if a single unit would hit itself though, still poking around the FAQ's looking for info on that. If someone has seen the question/answer in a FAQ before posting that info would be most appreciated!

Chapter-Master

I have 7 "I love me some" T-shirts.

1 for every day of the week...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Veteran-Sergeant

Just a quick edit Tyn so it's 'I love me some me!' and that's a total winner! I'm also a fan of 'You're going to love hating me!' and the one my own mother got me 'A team effort is a lot of people doing exactly what I say.' I was wearing that shirt when I was at the hospital with my father during his cancer treatment and a doctor got on the elevator with us and his comment was "Exactly". See Katharon? Tynskel is picking up what I'm throwing down

I'm still curious if a single model can be forced to attack itself if hit by Hallucination, anyone, Beuller????

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by biffster666 View Post
    I'm still curious if a single model can be forced to attack itself if hit by Hallucination, anyone, Beuller????
    Sure, why not?
    The power says "Every model inflicts a single hit on his own unit"..
    For example you target a dreadknight. He is a single model unit and therefore inflicts a single hit upon his own unit (which is himself).
    I don't really see a problem here cause the rule seems pretty clear. If the power was worded in a way that a model must hit another model, then it would not be allowed..

Chapter-Master

Thanks for all the great info everyone! I've been living on a steady diet of Divination in 6th but thought Telepathy would make an interesting alternative after playing a Daemon army with invisibility. Of course unfamiliar powers cause new questions!

On another note I have a ghastly pink T-shirt that says "Don't laugh this is your girlfriends shirt"... not as entertaining as the others posted here but it makes me stand out if I wear it to an event.

Veteran-Sergeant

Divination is meat and potatoes, Telepathy is a spicy meatball

I've seen that shirt before, very funny. I almost forgot 'The beatings will continue until morale improves!'

hhhmmm, I'm still not 100% sure on that single model unit Hal, but I'd totally let it fly until I see an example or FAQ entry that shows/states otherwise.

[url=http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3180057a_Necrons_v1.4_APRIL13.pdf]According to page 81 of the Necron codex[/url], Mindshackle scarabs can cause a character involved in a challenge to hit himself, so I don't think there's any general principle that a model can't hit itself in close combat. I think that Hallucination can cause a model to hit itself.

Chapter-Master

You could imagine if you had a kilrathi mind worm crawling you, that you would try to slice it off... whoops, power weapon just chopped off my leg!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Veteran-Sergeant

According to page 81 of the Necron codex, Mindshackle scarabs can cause a character involved in a challenge to hit himself, so I don't think there's any general principle that a model can't hit itself in close combat. I think that Hallucination can cause a model to hit itself.
    I'll buy that for a dollar!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12