BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

What time can we expect roving reporters to start posting?

People usually start posting stuff around 30-60 minutes in, so around 11am tomorrow.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Cool
    I shall be glued to the interwebs.

Alpha Legion Operative

Default Responsible One Checking In

I'm now set up with my own little "media centre" in my hotel room near the venue. I won't be posting during the event, as I don't want to spend the limited event time uploading things on some shaky 3G connection. I'll be pretty busy running around talking to people and taking notes. This year, there may even be a few photos, but I mostly leave that to others.

The fact that this year is not my wife's birthday treat and I'm set up on with a better connection should mean I get things up a little quicker this year, whereas last year it took me all week to get things caught up.

I will try to get to as many seminars as I can, but I'll be focusing on writing things down, which prevents me from filming as well - I don't have two pairs of hands!

Iron Father

Looking forward to the photos tomorrow, I'm going to a wedding reception later tonight and expect a slight hangover tomorrow. This could be the cure.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Also, in case of Seminars.....

1. Do not ask about prices and that. They're studio staff. That's not their call, and they won't answer anyways.
    2. Do not whine about Finecast. It's not their doing.
    3. Do not ask about Squats.

That's most of the common time wasting questions covered!!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Alpha Legion Operative

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Also, in case of Seminars.....

1. Do not ask about prices and that. They're studio staff. That's not their call, and they won't answer anyways.
    2. Do not whine about Finecast. It's not their doing.
    3. Do not ask about Squats.

That's most of the common time wasting questions covered!!
    It's no use, Mr Mystery. They announce it at every seminar, and at every seminar, someone asks the same questions.

I start to think that if people stopped, they'd ask a staff member to go plain clothes to ask anyway so the panelists didn't all freak out as to what happened...

Veteran-Sergeant

In the interests of public health, and of your fellow attendees who will have to stand in close proximity during the lengthy queues, could I politely request that everyone going makes sure to have a shower or at least a thorough basin wash tomorrow morning, use deodorant and put on clean clothes if possible. That is all.

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas The Trickster View Post
    In the interests of public health, and of your fellow attendees who will have to stand in close proximity during the lengthy queues, could I politely request that everyone going makes sure to have a shower or at least a thorough basin wash tomorrow morning, use deodorant and put on clean clothes if possible. That is all.
    I'm not actually going but I just had to agree with this! Hahaha! It's just funny because it's true!

Alpha Legion Operative

As per last year, I'll be there and looking for a spot with decent wifi for photo's and info. I'll be taking breaks to take questions, and also trying to get a slot in the 11.30 Forgeworld seminar.

Laptop, Phone and backup battery packed and ready for a 5.30am start!

Mucho excito!

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast