BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I really really want to do dark elves as a sister force for my mono khorne WoC. But £%@∞ Prices!

I think unit fillers will possibly save my @ss though. For the moment nothing. I have malifaux 2E to enjoy and lizardmen to paint and woc to paint and tau to paint and blood angels to finish and then salamanders to finish. Then a little infinity I need to polish off. This is all AFTER I finish gaming board I'm making this weekend.

Brother-Sergeant

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131011_203859.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	5273

Oh how times change!

Also look at my cat everyone!

Fly Lord

Kharibdyss and a squad of Executioners when they come out.

I'm loving the stats of the Kharibdyss and I want to see if I can make it look like it's coming out a watery base to attack.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by schelle View Post
    Need to wait for Raging Heroes to release their Dark Elf plastic army, sure they will be cheaper and also kick arse miniatures.
    No kidding, they've just released a batch of 10 of their concept art pics for the Dark Elf army they plan to launch on Kickstarter once they are done with the current Toughest Girls of the Galaxy Kickstarter. Some really nice/nasty ideas in there. They have said they have sci-fi versions of them worked out as well (though no art of those as yet):

[URL="http://s918.photobucket.com/user/Raging-Heroes/media/DEinvasion/altar_zps93b177c0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0"]Raging Heroes Dark Elf Image Gallery[/URL]
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

While I'm eagerly awaiting the RH Dark Elves as well I don't recall them saying they wuld be plastic and even if they are a form of plastic I doubt they will be much cheaper than GWs offerings. I love the Cauldron of Succubi.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

well my initial trial army list looks like:
    Level 3 Supreme Sorceress
    Death Hag Battle Standard on Cauldron of Blood
    Two Assassins
    2x20 Crossbowmen
    20 Corsairs
    20 Witch Elves
    20 Executioners
    20 Sisters of Slaughter
    Hydra

I would like another monster in there, this list is primarily designed around the stuff I want to try out, and the fact everything comes in boxes of ten . after a game or two I will start refining it. the only magic item in there is the razor banner for the sisters, and I have 40 pts left over for something interesting.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Duh. Noob.

Your competitive list is clearly sub-optimal and garbage. You haven't taken a level four caster......

Tcoch. Solid C-, definitely fourth tier.......

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I used to go level four then thought actually it isn't necessarily essential, and the sorceress gets +1 to cast anyway.

I was being silly

Pretty solid list right there! Not sure I'd take a single unit of 20 Sisters myself, but with a smidge of magicybuffbuff, could be really nasty.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

yes I know, that was quite clear.

depends who I face, my games are most often against vampire counts. so with their lack of shooting against me, most units will get in to combat unscathed so 20 sisters will slaughter pretty much any unit of his. the other army I regularly face are dwarfs, and I suspect the witch elf/cauldron unit, and the hydra will draw most of the shooting, again leaving the sisters without too many wounds going in. I'd like to pitch them against some long beards, therefore getting that lovely +1 to hit and wound and negating their ranks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast