BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LE army book
    6 WE boxes
    1 cauldron
    Magic cards

Thats really all I can get for my khainite army until they release the executioners

Just the book and the cards for me.

I do like the Cauldron and the Medusa figure as well as the witch elves but I don't play Dark Elves. If nobody wants their medusa I'll happily take it off your hands :-)

I do sympathize with Dark Elves players though as 10 figures for $60 USD is pretty crazy (especially if Witch Elves are moving to core). It's actually cheaper to use the raging heroes blood vestals (not by much).

I have to say I'm not fond of the hydra myself. If I played DE I'd either use the previous one or buy the reaper hydra.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Book, cards and 2 boxes of Warriors.

Hydra kit will have to come later as I'm desperately painting Empire for a Tournament but once that's done....*evil laugh*

Chapter-Master

I'd do a Khainite army, but not at $70 per box for my 11 point Core models. Too bad, it seems like GW put a lot more effort into this release than the High Elf one.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

I was really excited for this release and I do like most of the models. Like others I'm unsure about the hydra heads, I like the realism of them but agree they look more like a harmless diplodocus rather than a carnivore. But other than that they are all good.

But I was most excited for the Witch Elves / Sisters of Slaughter kit, it's one plastic kit that has been a long time coming in my opinion. And then I saw the price. £35 for 10 models is atrocious and exactly why I'm winding down my GW purchases. I actually first thought it had to be a typo for £25 which would be more reasonable, until I saw it on other websites at that RRP.

They have clearly realised that a lot of people will want them to match the DE sorceress, or for conversion opportunities and priced them accordingly.

That said, I might indulge in a Cauldron for bits...
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Also, did anyone else spot that the one click Cult of Khaine box at £194 contains £185 worth of models?
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Banned

The blurb does say it's based around a Sorceress, who costs the same as the shortfall, so they probably forgot to put her in or forgot to lower the price when they took her out.

Chapter-Master

Looking at the Hydra kit, it seems to be on a chariot base rather than a monster base, but still, it is very decently priced at $70 AUD. I like it a lot. I'm personally not a fan of the Kharibdyss, I really like the Hydra though. The picture of it with the alternate bluish-green colour scheme does it more justice IMO.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

I'm going to scour for a few bits to make some arrow-filled dark elf corpses for my wood elves bases.

Of course, my models will look like the wood elves won the fight. My actual battle results will be dramatically different.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

I may get the Medusa to convert into a Slaanesh Daemon Prince for my 40K Daemon army.

Was thinking about getting witch elves to make a unit of Daemonettes, but that price is just ridiculous. After all, it's frikking plastic.

Need to wait for Raging Heroes to release their Dark Elf plastic army, sure they will be cheaper and also kick arse miniatures.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast