BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Dark Elves, what are you getting?

So, it's generally agreed upon that the new Dark Elf release is one of the finest GW have put out in a long time so what are people actually going to buy?

I've ordered:
    Limited Edition army book (cos Witch Elves!)
    Magic Cards
    2 Cauldrons of Blood/Bloodwrack Shrines
    2 War Hydrae/Karidbyss
    4 Witch Elves/Sisters of Slaughter
    2 Dreadspears/etc Going to replace the front ranks of my two big warrior hordes with new models rather than buy whole new regiments.

I haven't been this excited for a new release since Vampire counts convinced me to start a whole new army.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Nothing, not really that impressed to be honest . I'm also wondering why Dwarfs, Brits and WE are behind these in the schedule. But there is always next month to look forward to , oh wait it's this lot again right ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Weird. Dwarfs are the next Fantasy release and Brets are rumoured to be on the way as well. Heard something about Wood Elves but I forget what.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Same boat as Deadlift, nothing interests me here. Not enough shooting.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Banned

LE army book, Witch Elves and a Cauldron of Blood (for converting into a Cauldron of Blood).

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    a Cauldron of Blood (for converting into a Cauldron of Blood).
    I.... uh.... what?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I was hoping the Dark Elf release would kick me back into fantasy, with my armies mostly still packed in the boxes I moved house in two years ago as 40K and FoW stole my gaming time, but I just look at those Witch Elves/Sisters of Slaughter and think they are horrible. The (in my mind) poorly executed attempt to make them look dynamic has resulted in a bunch of really strange poses that turn me off the models as a whole.

The Giant Cauldron kit looks OK if a little cartoonish, but without enough witches to go with it (As I'm not planning on EVER buying the new ones) it'd be out of place with what I have.

Shadowblade and the big monster kit both annoy me by having the models (one of the handlers in the monster kit) sculpted on integral scenic bases - I personally hate that, but could probably work around it on the monster, but I just won't bother with the underwhelming Shadowblade sculpt.

The new warriors are a welcome replacement and I can see myself buying a fair few if I refresh my Dark Elves, but I wouldn't revisit the army for them.

I'm now left hoping that the second wave contains some models that take my breath away, but as the dark samurai looking current Executioners are some of my favourite models GW has ever done, they're going to have to be fairly impressive since they are apparently replacing them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I.... uh.... what?
    The Khorne daemon engine

Chapter-Master

I shall be buying one of each. Except Shadowblade cos I already have an assassin and he isn't amazeballs. And the warriors because I already have a stack of them. And the collectors book because a cover without words and a book mark does not an extra £25 quid make. GW needs to take a leaf out of BL's book about how a collectors book should work- extra content and exclusivity. And for probably the first time ever, I'm going to complain about GW prices. 35 quid for ten plastic infantry models. Da fuq?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Glad i'm not the only one who doesn't love Shadowblade.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast