BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Reaper Bones II: The Sequel!

The original [URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min"]Reaper Bones Kickstarter[/URL] is by some considerable margin the most successful miniatures related Kickstarter of all time (thus far) raising just over $3.4 million! And now they are doing it all over again. The countdown to the launch of Bones II has started on Reaper's site and the Kickstarter will go live in just over 2 days and 20 hours from now.

If you want an idea of what this will be like, have a read through the BoLS thread on the previous Bones Kickstarter which can be found [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?23517-Reaper-Miniatures-Kickstarter-Bones"]here.[/URL]

[URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-ii-the-return-of-mr-bones"]Reaper Bones II - The Return of Mr. Bones[/URL]
    Last edited by Bigred; 10-02-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Brother-Captain

already have my reminder set on my tablet....

Oh god.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Looking forward to this one. I haven't had time to touch my miniatures from the first reaper bones yet (short of bending them back into place). I will get these painted (before my daughter is eligible to vote 18 years from now).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

I'm torn, last time i cancelled at the last minute, it was a lot of miniatures for the money but looking at them now, they don't really seem like they're going to be fun to paint, decent enough for the odd RPG i suppose.

They are really good quality casts actually, if that's what you have doubts about. some of the older sculpts are showing their age but a lot of them look brilliant. In terms of quality I have no qualms about pledging for Bones II, the Bonering.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    They are really good quality casts actually, if that's what you have doubts about. some of the older sculpts are showing their age but a lot of them look brilliant. In terms of quality I have no qualms about pledging for Bones II, the Bonering.
    not so much the quality as the level of detail on the model not matching metal or resin, edges seem to round off a bit, more on the smaller models, the big things looked better but then there seemed to be an issue with consistency and shrinkage of some parts, I dunno, I just have seen a lot of people being a little disapointed is all!

The photos give that impression certainly, but in my experience the level of detail in the newer sculpts and most of the others are very good. not at GW levels in general certainly but with a decent paintjob they look great on a table alongside GW stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The photos give that impression certainly, but in my experience the level of detail in the newer sculpts and most of the others are very good. not at GW levels in general certainly but with a decent paintjob they look great on a table alongside GW stuff.
    I guess the fact that they're a pretty clean white in most photos I've seen doesn't help then, hard to make out details like that.

The material actually absorbs light slightly or something, making the edges translucent and appear fuzzy in photos:

Oh for those who pledged on the first KS, you can use this to help work out any replacement parts and such that you need:
    [url]http://www.reapermini.com/kickstarter[/url]
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-01-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast