BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Help Me Spend Some Points? (Blood Angels Codex, City Fighting, 1.5k)

I'm working up a list for an upcoming Cities of Death campaign my FLGS is throwing. I've got two potential lists, except that one of them isn't done yet. I was hoping that someone out there could do me a solid and help me figure out how to spend the last one hundred and thirty points on this list.

At some later point, I'll post the two lists and let you all help me decide which one to play.

Without further ado:

HQ
    • Librarian

Elites
    • Furioso Dreadnought w/Blood Fists (Heavy Flamer & Meltagun)
    • Sanguinary Priest w/Bolt Pistol & Chainsword

Troops
    • 10 Tactical Marines, Flamer & Heavy Bolter (Sergeant w/Power Fist)
    ° Drop Pod
    • 10 Assault Marines, 2 Flamers (Sergeant w/Power Sword)
    • 5 Scouts w/Sniper Rifles

Fast Attack
    • Baal Predator w/Dozer Blade, Flamestorm Cannon, Heavy Flamer Sponsons

Heavy Support
    • Stormraven w/Assault Cannons and Multi-Meltas
    • Vindicator w/Siege Shield

Strategems
    • Infiltrate
    • Master Snipers
    • Preliminary Bombardment

Strategically, the drop pod tacs are for claiming objectives early, while the deeply infiltrated scouts and scout-moving Baal predator help me put the pressure on, to prevent my opponent from just wiping them off the board (because anything that ignores those threats in favor of taking out my tactical marines is going to die messily). The thrust of my offensive force forms a second wave, and takes the form of a vindicator and a stormraven, which carries a second-wave objective-scoring unit (the assault squad) which can also tear it up in melee.

Like I said, I need to spend one hundred and thirty more points. Of course, many of the upgrades are negotiable, so if your suggestion requires shaving some points off here and there, that's fine.

Unrelatedly, I clearly have the best FLGS ever .
    Last edited by ElectricPaladin; 09-28-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

A little hung over so I may be missing somthing but what is your librarian doing? Is he just going to be on his own?

I guess the dread is going on the Storm Raven? Why not give the librarian a jump pack and 5 assault marine buddies. Bung him in the Storm Raven then he and the assault marines can back up your dread with some divination and help mitergate the risk of him getting tarpitted by some cheap unit.

This will also give you another quick scoring unit to maybe keep out the major fighting and grab an objective towards the end of the battle.

Looks like a fun list though... Nice to see.

Battle-Brother

that does seem like a fun list, but myself personally i love my tanks so for another 130 pts you can get another vindicator, that way the chances of at least one reaching the front lines is a lot higher but still if they both make it even better

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bob821 View Post
    A little hung over so I may be missing somthing but what is your librarian doing? Is he just going to be on his own?
    Riding with the assault marines int he stormraven. I've found that with a good set of support powers, he can make a humble assault squad into a real pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob821 View Post
    I guess the dread is going on the Storm Raven? Why not give the librarian a jump pack and 5 assault marine buddies. Bung him in the Storm Raven then he and the assault marines can back up your dread with some divination and help mitergate the risk of him getting tarpitted by some cheap unit.
    There's no longer any reason to put jump troops in a stormraven. We lost skies of blood and they changed it into skies of fury, which gives no particular benefit to jumping out of a moving stormraven with a jump pack on.

I'm trying to avoid having anything scatter if it must Deep Strike. Scattering in Cities of Death is a death sentence. That's why my only Deep Strikers are in a drop pod. My other list has vanguard veterans, but they are there to support the tactical squad, so in that list I've put a locator beacon on the drop pod. Again, no scattering.

Looks like a fun list though... Nice to see.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Gibson View Post
    that does seem like a fun list, but myself personally i love my tanks so for another 130 pts you can get another vindicator, that way the chances of at least one reaching the front lines is a lot higher but still if they both make it even better
    That would be neat! I don't know how long it will take for my budget to stretch to include another vindicator kit, though...

Chapter-Master

130 points?

Easy-Peasy

Add an Assault Squad w/ Jump Packs.

130 Assault Squad Jacob
    –5 Marines, Sgt Orelius Jacob w/Power Lance and Hand Flamer, 3 w/BP and Chainsword, 1 w/BP and Flamer.

It would be fun to model, too. Have spear in both hands–use the Sanguinary Guard wrist mounted weapon. Replace with flamer!

Another option is to add a Devastator Squad.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 09-29-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    130 points?

Easy-Peasy

Add an Assault Squad w/ Jump Packs.

130 Assault Squad Jacob
    –5 Marines, Sgt Orelius Jacob w/Power Lance and Hand Flamer, 3 w/BP and Chainsword, 1 w/BP and Flamer.

It would be fun to model, too. Have spear in both hands–use the Sanguinary Guard wrist mounted weapon. Replace with flamer!

Another option is to add a Devastator Squad.
    Do you think the assault marines would be useful without deep striking? It costs a Stratagem to allow units to Deep Strike, and I only get three. I'd like to avoid spending all my strategems just getting back the stuff I'd have in a normal 40k game rather than gaining new dirty tricks.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    That would be neat! I don't know how long it will take for my budget to stretch to include another vindicator kit, though...
    If you are on a tight budget may i suggest ebay? I picked up my second vindicator from there but admittedly it did need a bot of work but then again the work i did on it was pretty basic to my usual crazy stuff.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Do you think the assault marines would be useful without deep striking? It costs a Stratagem to allow units to Deep Strike, and I only get three. I'd like to avoid spending all my strategems just getting back the stuff I'd have in a normal 40k game rather than gaining new dirty tricks.
    Nah, don't bother deep striking. Just hop around torching things!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    You mean like, this...

I liked the idea so much that now I'm going to make two flamer assault marines so I can field a flame-based version of the full squad as well.