BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

I would have to vote for the Cypher/Luthor/DA fluff as well. They went traitor, but repented, while the Fallen who are loyal are hunted because they know this secret which could destroy the now loyal chapter. Kind of a parallel to the Alpha Legion story, except they may or may not be loyal still.

Re: The primarchs immaturity, bear in mind they are to all intents and purposes brothers. I have six, highly intelligent, sensible and educated elder brothers but when you get them together the immaturity is unbearable sometimes. Not hard to see the primarchs acting like that amongst themselves, even if they do appear noble and sublime to others.

Chaplain

I am always bothered by the idea that the Emperor is kept in the throne to prevent his resurrection. Surely, with the millions who believe in his divinity, his power would grow a thousandfold if his soul just went into the warp even briefly?

I actually refuse to use inquisitorial allies simply because of the remote possibility that they are working against the Emperor...

Default The secret behind 40k

This did it for me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan-e View Post

also, and while maybe just my understanding or bad use of similar terms and stories, but the belief that the Eldar Laughing God and the Deceiver are basically interchangeable. Either two beings that are mistake in lore by (not mistakes on GW but people in the stories) , two people who use each others persona for their own goals (maybe the laughing god told the nightbringer to eat other C'tan) or they are just the same person (a C'tan using the eldar or an eldar god who found the best
    First off, The emperor is an old one. He is bent on destroying the Ctan. At youth he was said to of slain the void dragon, a mighty ctan. It is said that the old ones only succesful creation where the daemons in their war agianst the ctan, which is why the emperor did not prevent the Horus heresy, dispite his powers of forethought. he simply plans that a race that is in tune with the warp is more able to fight the ctan.
    Now here im pretty much walking a tightrope. the eldar, a creation of the old ones, believed in their own set of deities, a massive assortment of mighty gods. however, they are not in fact gods but really the ctan. the eldar were created by the old ones to destroy the necrontyr, not chaos. But the eldar gods, like the ctan, mortal enemy is chaos. the necrons have futher proved this by their creation of pariahs, weapons directly pointed at chaos. Now, as the quote above illustrates the similarities between the eldar laughing god and the decevier, it was also stated that the Tau were created by the harlequins, worshipers of the laughing god. Or perhaps, the decevier. The tau are said to posses little pressence in the warp, which means that they cannot be used as a weapon agianst the ctan. it is even hinted that commander farsight owns a weapon of necron origin, the dawn blade. and when the final war in heaven comes, it will be chaos against the ctan, just like it is told in the eldar legends.

So bacically, ever since the inclusion of the necrons and old ones in the 40k fluff, the story has switched from the war against chaos, to the war against the ctan.

It has been said in previous fluff that when the final war in heaven comes, itwill be chaos against the eldar gods, just like in the previous war in heaven from the eldar codex. Or as it's told in the necron codex.... the old ones versus the ctan.

those are just my two cents. There could be some technical flaws in it, such as how the eldar, and not just the harlequins, could begin fighting for their enemy, but whatever. there's always the decevier, even if that doesn't fit very well.
    Last edited by crunchyjuice; 08-21-2009 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by person person View Post
    Theirs this story (not official cannon) called, Tau Rising. It takes place 5,000 years from now, and the Tau have evolved into being able to survive in several extreme enviornments and with this adaptability, getting rid of them is, next to impossible or something. Some of the primarchs come back from the warp and stuff.

I haven't read it and don't know what site its on. Some guy told me about it.
    you mean rise of the tau?

What is the Emperor's Name? People sure talk about it enough, but I'm begging to suspect no one knows but is to embarrassed (or afraid of being accused of heresy) to ask.

Veteran-Sergeant

The Emperor's name is.....

Husain Bolt!
    No this world is theirs!

Cecil Boothby-Smythe.

Quote Originally Posted by xomntec View Post
    What is the Emperor's Name? People sure talk about it enough, but I'm begging to suspect no one knows but is to embarrassed (or afraid of being accused of heresy) to ask.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by xomntec View Post

I have it narrowed down to Palpatine or Bob Saget
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Veteran-Sergeant

First off, The emperor is an old one.
    Y'know, I've seen this batted around the internet a few times and I still don't really buy it. The usual "proof" is the stone tablet pictured/ described/ interpreted in Xenology and the accompanying fragment.

Thing is, those interpretations say the fourth tier of the tablet are believed to be forms the Old Ones took on and became trapped in. And it shows/ describes what is (most likely) the hand of Khaine and the Laughing God.

So, confusion right off the bat, because there's been a huge pile of hints up until now that, as Dan-e mentioned, that the Laughing God and the Deciever are one and the same, which would mean this part of the tablet is wrong. I'd even toss on that pile the fact that the good folks at GW gave a Golden Demon a few years back to a Deciever model painted in Harlequin colors and titled "The Laughing God...?" Just think it's worth noting they thought that was a great model...

Past that, the "fragment" which shows a human embryo, which seems to be the crux of the "Emperor is an Old One" argument, isn't part of the fourth tier. It's part of the fifth. So it's not part of the "disguises they took" part of the story but part of what came after that.

Finally, when you read all of Xenology, it is made clear that all of this has been an experiment to see how Sasham will react to different bits of information. Without spoiling it too much for anyone (hopefully), there's very good reason given to believe nothing in the book is "true."

It's just like the "Index Astartes" article about the Alpha Legion, where we get to read tons of facts and stories compiled by an Inquisitor which show how the Alpha Legion loves to spread false information and conceal facts, and then we end by finding out the Inquisitor himself is an Alpha Legion agent...
    Last edited by Lord Anubis; 08-22-2009 at 12:38 AM.
    Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

I thought The emperor was the reincarnation of every old Psyker of terra, a man to combat the fall of man so they don't get f'ed up like the eldar

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast