BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    If you examine the fluff closely, you'll note that there have always been four gods of chaos. None of the fluff indicates that there were only three before the rise of Slaanesh. Also note that the fall of the Eldar and the rise of Slaanesh coincide directly with the first sightings of the Emperor on earth
    I recommend Codex: Daemons for a counterpoint. The Realm of Chaos is a place where everything has happened, will happen, and never happens. Slaanesh has existed as long as the warp, never been born, and was born. In short, the warp has no sense of causality.
    This is the crux of the warp/realspace problem as they really shouldn't interact. Daemons become almost sympathetic when you imagine every ship with a gellar field showing up in your backyard all at once or that causality may be a narcotic to entities forced to exist in all possible states simultaneously. I know I'd pop a psyker open every so often if it meant I could exist without simultaneously not existing at the same time.
    Also of note, the Emperor is just one phase Captain Uberman's existence. Previously he just prodded humanity from the shadows trying to get it to stop sucking so much.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CiaphasCain View Post

They lose much more territory to bookkeeping errors every century than they do to the Tau. The Tau are about as important as humanity was during their expansion period in the 22-29th century, which is barely anything on a galactic (Eldar Race) scale.
    This is not an accurate comparison. Both Humans and Eldar were galaxy spanning super powers in their time and both are still finding all the crap their respective empires left sitting around. It is important to remember that no date is established for the beginning of the Eldar decline and it could have been well underway well before humans ever left the solar system. Let's be clear here, there was stuff going on in the Eldar Empire that made riding dinosaurs look like an act of asceticism. We can not conceive of their radness. Humans had the wikipedia 9000 that told you how to tear moons from their orbits using nothing but bamboo. This combined with the galvanizing power of human boredom is a truly horrifying concept and likely explains how Orks were kept in check.

I always thought the Emperor was a being born out of a mass suicide of druids who where losing there ability to reincarnate because the ever increasing threat of chaos was taking there souls,so when they all comitted suicide it birthed the being who is the emperor so he is human but a all powerful one who has sat in the backround for millenia watching humanity rise and fall,he then decided to rise up in the unity wars creating his first soldiers from genetics which where the thunder warriors, after them he then refined the technology to create the custodes, they are superior to the marines but they take a long time develop so creating a army of those to take over the galaxy would take to long. So he used the technology to creata his primarchs which are all technically a part of him in some way but split thats why magnus is the powerful Psyker it does say in most of the BL books that all the primarchs havea some kind of psyker abilty or resistance to psyker abilities in some way some like Lorgar even look like him,i believe what im saying is backed up on Lexicanum so i do believe the emperor isnt a god or Deamon in any way. personally i like the fluff to do with sensei being the emerors actual offspring and that they can bring about another birth of the emperor being known as the star child. Personnaly i think this hole only war thing and the humanity being stagnent doom and gloom thing is getting tedious and boring its about time GW moved the story on and gave us something new and fresh.

Chapter-Master

That was first edition...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Jesus dude. Paragraphs and Punctuation

I actually can't read that. The first full stop is at the end of the 7th line...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

I think I blinked and missed it...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by edger1 View Post
    I always thought the Emperor was a being born out of a mass suicide of druids, who where losing there ability to reincarnate because the ever increasing threat of chaos taking there souls. So, when they all comitted suicide it birthed the being who is the emperor so he is human but an all powerful one who has sat in the backround for millenia watching humanity rise and fall.
    He then decided to rise up in the unity wars creating his first soldiers from genetics which were the thunder warriors; after them he then refined the technology to create the custodes, they are superior to the marines but they take a long time develop, so creating an army of those to take over the galaxy would take too long.
    He used the technology to create his primarchs which are all technically a part of him in some way but split, that's why Magnus is the powerful psyker. It does say in most of the BL books that all the primarchs have some kind of psyker abilty or resistance to psyker abilities in some way, some like Lorgar even look like the Emperor.
    I believe what I'm saying is backed up on Lexicanum so I do believe the Emperor isn't a god or Deamon in any way. Personally, I like the fluff to do with the sensei being the Emperor's actual offspring and that they can bring about another birth of the Emperor being known as the "Star Child.
    I think this whole "only war" thing and the humanity being stagnent doom and gloom thing is getting tedious and boring it's about time GW moved the story on and gave us something new and fresh.
    There I fixed it

I would say that the Lexicanum is a wiki and it's quotes are based on literature that can be/'has been retconned and so does not add any additional information to the existing source material.

5th edition did start to move the universe forwards (for the very first time) and I think 6th will see it move further. What GW does not want to run the risk of is moving it too far away so that the background feels different from the universe they have spent a couple of decades building and we as players have spent a couple of decades absorbing and making "our own".
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I would like to know if the Tyranids where sent by the Old Ones. Our ancient enemy....

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Jesus dude. Paragraphs and Punctuation

I actually can't read that. The first full stop is at the end of the 7th line...
    sorry dude sometimes when i write i just gotta get it out of my head and written down before i forget what i was writing .

I so hope not, I hate that sort of incestuous background where all the races are linked by some kind of ancient thingamie. It is bad enough with the Necrons and Eldar (though less bad than it was now that the war between them seems not to have taken place to teh same extent as before).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVoidmaster View Post
    I would like to know if the Tyranids where sent by the Old Ones. Our ancient enemy....
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast