BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

I am curious about the undisclosed Chaos power that is Cypher's patron. Could it be Malal? The Emperor? A truly unknown Chaos God? The Watchers in the Dark? Who knows but whoever it is has got some smooth moves.

Going to recycle a post of mine (with some edits: namely cutting most of it it out) because I think it is best here:

I have been particularly interested in Arhra (The Fallen Phoenix lord of the Striking Scorpions).

I do think it is very likely that the Incubi are the disciples of Arhra. What makes him so interesting is what caused him turn on Asurmen/Craftworld Eldar/his Disciples etc? Was it a fault of the way of the warrior or something inherently dark in the tradition of fighting he created? How and why did he end up in Commorragh...and then why did he reestablish a Temple to create an fighting tradition very similar to the Striking Scorpions but with an emphasis on protection rather than stalking like his protogé Kharandras? Is there something that connected him to the survivors in Commorragh more than the Craftworld Eldar?

Chaplain

So all of these things have been written about in one way or another, but do we think that GW have actually thought about where they would take their ideas, or did they just think it was something cool to say at the time, without worrying about following it up later?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    My favorite is the Horus Heresy story that implicates the dark secret of the origins of the Grey Knights.

That the founding members are the handful of Traitor Legion marines who stayed loyal in the face of their entire Legions and Primarchs turning traitor around them.

That would mean the Grey Knight's geneseed is a cocktail of individuals like the Death Guard's Garro, the Luna Wolves' Qruze, and others like them.

Beat that one!
    I saw the title and this too came to mind but alas it is also your favourite! This fluff is based on the 'Flight of he Einstein' (sp?) but it is not 100% known the actual origins of our beloved Grey Knights. But this is as cool of a theory as there is out there. The other theory is they are the geneseed of the Emperor himself!

Battle-Brother

Default Grey Knights: The Children of the Emperor

I cant see the GK's being the Emperors Genetic Progeny. Think about it, The Fluff says that the Primarchs were created from the Emp's genetic material and the Legions were created from the primarchs via a similiar process. Following that thread then the GK's would infact be the equal to the Primarchs!!!

I really think that they were created from the Eisinstein survivors geanseed with a pinch of psyker.

also if they were created with the emperors genes, how would that effect the sensei/star child situation??

"The Emperor protects those who protect themselves..."

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by dmcq View Post
    I cant see the GK's being the Emperors Genetic Progeny. Think about it, The Fluff says that the Primarchs were created from the Emp's genetic material and the Legions were created from the primarchs via a similiar process. Following that thread then the GK's would infact be the equal to the Primarchs!!!

I really think that they were created from the Eisinstein survivors geanseed with a pinch of psyker.

also if they were created with the emperors genes, how would that effect the sensei/star child situation??

"The Emperor protects those who protect themselves..."
    See, the problem I have with the Eisenstein crew being used to create the GKs is the 'making a copy of a copy' problem.

We have the Emperor, who is the original. The primarchs are, essentially, copies of the Emperor. They're very powerful, but not more powerful than the Emperor himself.

Then there's the Astartes, who are copies of the primarchs. They are also powerful, but no match against a primarch.

So if you took Astartes and used them to create something... they'd be less than. And from what I know of GKs, they're equal to (or better than) standard Astartes.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Librarian

I like to think that Garro, Qruze and the guys were just that awesome.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Battle-Brother

I think, that Arhra walked the path of the shadowly stalker as every scorpion does. But he succumbed to murder and thats what the scorpions dont do.
    In my opinion he murdered someone, who threatened him or who did some pain on him - i think it was a revenge for something being done. And hei liked to kill that someone and he did it again and again and again - and was expulsed from eldar society...
    The DE on the other sider warmly welcomed the murder and it was very easy to build a temple for other murders - but somehow the Inccubi protect the de by offering the souls of the victims to HER ...

Veteran-Sergeant

Has anyone thought that without psykers the World Eaters shouldn't be able to accurately warp travel???

Chaplain

Well, I always took that to mean they had no COMBAT Psykers within the legion's ranks. All the Expiditions would have astropaths, who were not a part of the Legion, or even the military.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast