BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

I think the whole story of the Ctan and the old ones will be smoothed out a little when a new Necron codex comes out. As well as a possible new Eldar codex

Wow. My kind of thread.

I love the Emperor is a Old One. I can agree with about 100% of that line of thought.

I think the World of WHFB is a planet in the 40k Verse. Perhaps in the Eye of Terror. My guess would be one of the Eldar-home worlds. The Talk about the Old ones in the original WHFB book and then the Slaan in Rouge Trader sealed this for me. I think there is a powerfull Warp entity that has cast a Jinx pycic power over the world. Thats why the Tech is so primitive. The squats use rune magic to get around this.

Sigmar is one of the two Lost Primarchs. I think it was him who could not follow the Emperors orders about Religion. He was seen as a god on his home world. Maybe he could not break the habit. If his legion recruited from the Planet of WHFB, i cant see them not thinking Sigmar was a god.... Lorgar and Sigmar were probably best buddies.

The thought that Horus's Home "planet" was a big clone factory for mining i also agree with. If Horus was not really lost but choose Cthonia, that would answer a lot of my questions. I totally think the "Sons" of Horus were gene spliced clones of Horus. I find it odd that Horus's Cthonian Accent is a faked. The Luna Wolf Gene -seed was stable so the story saying the "Sons" looked like Horus because their gene Seed changed them is bull.

The 8 hooded Astartes taken to the Emperor by Malcador are the first Grand Masters of the Grey Knights.

My list.

1) Saul Tarvitz Captain, 10th Company, Emperors Children, III Legion.

2) Garviel Loken Captain 10th Company, Luna Wolves, XVI Legion.

3) Nethaniel Garro Battle-Captain 7th Company, Death Guard, XIV Legion.

4) Varren, Brother-Captain, World Eaters, XII Legion.

5) Zahariel El'Zurias, Librarian, Dark Angels, I Legion.

6) Mhotep, Fleet Captain, Thousand Sons, XV Legion.

7) Iron Warriors, IV Legion.

8) ??

I also think Dorn was a unwitting pawn of Horus. I think something happened to him after the Night Haunter kicked his @$$. I think his actions after that happened are very suspect. He included the Night Lords as part of the Loyal Legions sent to Isvaan V, After their Primarch almost killed him and did Murder some of his best Astartes. Then proceeded to blow up his own home World While Dorn Was in System (Dark King). Dorn was running a secret double agent with Horus with out telling the Custodes (Blood Games). (The Flight of the Eisenstein), Dorn forgets who Loken is after seconding his nomination to the Mournival (Horus Rising). Dorn forgets all about Konrad Cruz and after Malcador reminds him he almost has a breakdown (the Lighting Tower),. He is my guess as the person who warns Horus that a Assassin is coming to get him (Nemesis).

Adeptus Custodes

[QUOTE=Lord Lorne Walkier;116316]Wow. My kind of thread.

I think the World of WHFB is a planet in the 40k Verse. Perhaps in the Eye of Terror. My guess would be one of the Eldar-home worlds. The Talk about the Old ones in the original WHFB book and then the Slaan in Rouge Trader sealed this for me. I think there is a powerfull Warp entity that has cast a Jinx pycic power over the world. Thats why the Tech is so primitive. The squats use rune magic to get around this.

Sigmar is one of the two Lost Primarchs.so the story saying the "Sons" looked like Horus because their gene Seed changed them is bull.
    QUOTE]

This used to be heavily implied in the fluff. There was even a fantasy story where a mercanary adventurer and a man who had turned himslf into a Slaan travelled to the frozen chaos wastes to a crashed star ship. Along the way they were attacked by daemonettes with chainswords. This Line of fluff,- htat fantasy was a world isolated by warp storms, which leaked in through the north bring ing chaos- and Sigmar being a primarch has since gone the way of the squats.
    More Necromunda please.

Librarian

Well, it has been long rumoured, and even hinted by GW itself years ago, but later vanished, that the Fantasy World was in 40K Universe and that even Sigmar should be one of the 2 lost Primarchs... That´s why he comes by a 2 tailed comet...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

I like this idea that Sigmar is one of the two lost primarchs. It would mean that he was never united with his legion.
    Thus, we could guess that this legion - without the guidance of its primarch - suffered a catastrophic and shameful military defeat and was subsequently erased from imperial reccords.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
    Wow. My kind of thread.

I love the Emperor is a Old One. I can agree with about 100% of that line of thought.

[Baron Spikey- quoting the rest takes up too much space].
    That isn't a 'Secret of 40K' that's pure fan-fic.

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    Well, it has been long rumoured, and even hinted by GW itself years ago, but later vanished, that the Fantasy World was in 40K Universe and that even Sigmar should be one of the 2 lost Primarchs... That´s why he comes by a 2 tailed comet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laodamia View Post
    I like this idea that Sigmar is one of the two lost primarchs. It would mean that he was never united with his legion.
    Thus, we could guess that this legion - without the guidance of its primarch - suffered a catastrophic and shameful military defeat and was subsequently erased from imperial reccords.
    Sigmar was a mortal man, no stronger, larger, or more intelligent than most of his peers- it's been hinted over the last few years by hobbyists that the Fantasy world is part of the 40K Galaxy, apparently GW explicitly saying that is wrong isn't enough to quell the bull****. Ho hum.
    Last edited by Duke; 01-20-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
    Sigmar was a mortal man, no stronger, larger, or more intelligent than most of his peers- it's been hinted over the last few years by hobbyists that the Fantasy world is part of the 40K Galaxy, apparently GW explicitly saying that is wrong isn't enough to quell the bull****. Ho hum.
    Sigmar was no "normal man"! He was the biggest badass of the warhammer world! He might not have been a primarch (though it would be seriously cool), but he was certainly not an "average human".

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Laodamia View Post
    Sigmar was no "normal man"! He was the biggest badass of the warhammer world! He might not have been a primarch (though it would be seriously cool), but he was certainly not an "average human".
    Didn't say he was average- but he was mortal, and not appreciably stronger, taller, or more intelligent than his peers.

If you want to think he's something else go ahead, I would never try to stop you from day dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
    Um, the WFB world is in the 40k universe, on the edge of the Eye of Terror. This was certainly common knowledge back in the early editions. This is why, for example, the continents are laid out in a suspiciously similar manner- the Old Ones often arranged worlds in that way. And it's why chainswords can be found in the Chaos Wastes. And so on.

It's been hinted at in more recent years- see the Liber Chaotica, for example. And Rick Priestley said it was the case in an interview back when they were first working on Warhammer Online (whilst discussing the origins of the Winds of Magic).

The stuff about the world being jinxed is just nonsense, there are plenty of feudal worlds in the 41st millennium. Ditto about Sigmar being a primarch- we know that he was born from his mum, he didn't drop out of space. But the WFB world is in the 40k universe.
    Last edited by miteyheroes; 01-20-2011 at 03:28 AM.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    Um, the WFB world is in the 40k universe, on the edge of the Eye of Terror. This was certainly common knowledge back in the early editions. This is why, for example, the continents are laid out in a suspiciously similar manner- the Old Ones often arranged worlds in that way. And it's why chainswords can be found in the Chaos Wastes. And so on.

It's been hinted at in more recent years- see the Liber Chaotica, for example. And Rick Priestley said it was the case in an interview back when they were first working on Warhammer Online (whilst discussing the origins of the Winds of Magic).

The stuff about the world being jinxed is just nonsense, there are plenty of feudal worlds in the 41st millennium. Ditto about Sigmar being a primarch- we know that he was born from his mum, he didn't drop out of space. But the WFB world is in the 40k universe.
    No- once upon a time it might have been, but GW have explicitly said that is no longer the case.

Personally I just think the Warhammer Fantasy world is an alternate reality Earth/Terra, explains the similar yet different geography. I chuckled when I read your statement that the continent positions show the hand of the Old Ones, 2 worlds with similar geography doesn't mean that that was the preferred layout for the Old Ones.

Any chance you could link this interview with Rick Priestly because if it's true and you're not just coming to tenuous conclusions it'll be the first time GW have said that 40k and FB are situated in the same universe in several years (Liber Chaotica doesn't say anything about them being in the same reality, it's equally as plausible that the 2 universes are connected by the Warp, allowing for a degree of 'leakage' from either reality into the other)

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast