BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

My favorite would be whatever the Emperor told Alicia Dominica and her bodyguards when they knelt before the Golden Throne before Alicia slew Vandire. Ah, if only GW would reveal to us hints of what exactly he told them. Has something to do with the flags and names of the four original Orders Majoris.

Okay the lost legions, lets try this:

The Emperor forsees the end of chaos should Horus win.

Long before the start of the Heresy two legions are withdrawn from the line under a cover story and sequestered until needed.

The Emperor has withdrawn to Terra and has 'far more important things to do' that run the Imperium and so leaves it to the Sigilite and chums. Hopefully they can lose a war without it looking staged.

The plan is for Horus to win the war at which point chaos destroys itself and the galaxy is ready for mankind to reclaim it which is when the lost legions return as the core of the new Imperial forces.

Something goes wrong and the Emperors forces win, the Emperor is confined to the golden throne and unable to reveal the location of the lost legions. Maybe they are in stasis somewhere awaiting a new dawn of mankind that never came.

Doubt it but it's always fun to speculate.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post

Long before the start of the Heresy two legions are withdrawn from the line under a cover story and sequestered until needed.

The Emperor has withdrawn to Terra and has 'far more important things to do' that run the Imperium and so leaves it to the Sigilite and chums. Hopefully they can lose a war without it looking staged.

The plan is for Horus to win the war at which point chaos destroys itself and the galaxy is ready for mankind to reclaim it which is when the lost legions return as the core of the new Imperial forces.

Something goes wrong and the Emperors forces win, the Emperor is confined to the golden throne and unable to reveal the location of the lost legions. Maybe they are in stasis somewhere awaiting a new dawn of mankind that never came.

That is probably the best theory I have ever read.
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLord127 View Post
    That is probably the best theory I have ever read.
    Agreed. Fits the best of anything I've ever heard with the existing HH books, it's coniving, it's callous yet inspired, it's the Big E to a T.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post

Problem with this is that he actually IS able to communicate... in fact, he communicated as recently as ~M.36, when he talked face to face with Alicia Dominica and her bodyguards, the founders of the Adepta Sororitas.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

There's also the whole "Emperor's Tarot" thing... apparently, the Big E has enough juice left in him to run the galaxy's biggest lighthouse, give direct orders to specific people, hold the broken remnants of his failed entrance into the Webway closed, prevent a large portion of Daemons from manifesting on the planets in his Empire, indirectly guide others through dreams and visions, and he's still got enough power left to help back-alley hustlers play card tricks on unsuspecting marks. And apparently it tells the future, or something.

Since Sigmar's been written out of the 40k Universe, I kinda like rampant, uncontrolled mutation taking out at least one of the two Legions. I mean, all those Ogryn had to come from somewhere!

On a grammatical sidenote... what's the plural of Ogryn? Is it Ogryns, Ogrys, Ogryn, or some other option? Ogryn sounds best in my head.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    On a grammatical sidenote... what's the plural of Ogryn? Is it Ogryns, Ogrys, Ogryn, or some other option? Ogryn sounds best in my head.
    You know, I actually like that the best, too... "we da ogryn, we strong and brave!"
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Jobbies???
    No this world is theirs!

One of the Apoc datasheets has the answer, and it is 'Ogryns'. I was dissapointed too, I think Ogryn/Ogry (like Lego/Lego!) would have been more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    There's also the whole "Emperor's Tarot" thing... apparently, the Big E has enough juice left in him to run the galaxy's biggest lighthouse, give direct orders to specific people, hold the broken remnants of his failed entrance into the Webway closed, prevent a large portion of Daemons from manifesting on the planets in his Empire, indirectly guide others through dreams and visions, and he's still got enough power left to help back-alley hustlers play card tricks on unsuspecting marks. And apparently it tells the future, or something.

Since Sigmar's been written out of the 40k Universe, I kinda like rampant, uncontrolled mutation taking out at least one of the two Legions. I mean, all those Ogryn had to come from somewhere!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    One of the Apoc datasheets has the answer, and it is 'Ogryns'. I was dissapointed too, I think Ogryn/Ogry (like Lego/Lego!) would have been more interesting.
    Hmm, damn. That is disapointing. Perhaps you, me, and Melissia will have to start a grassroots campaign to change it.

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast