BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I still thinbk its a huge loss that Magnus had to turn traitor. But then again, which others of the Traitor Legions could have become Tzeentchian...

Librarian

Well, I guess the Alpha Legion could have turned to Tzeentch. Not so much because of psyker usage, but because of the convoluted plots and secret plans they use constantly. That is, if the Alpha Legion had actually turned traitor, instead of staying loyal to the Emperor like they are. Hooray for the Loyalist Traitors!

I think the true loyalty of the Alpha Legion is my favorite "Big Secret" of 40k, although I'm also a big fan of the Dragon being on Mars. The Brain Boyz turning into the Snotlings is also a pretty interesting, but not really that big a secret.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Plague Marine View Post
    Are you sure??? Konrad Cruze was anything but a "nice guy", he all but slew Dorn in single combat and destroyed his own homeworld before the heresy.
    Mmmk, Curze may have not been the nicest guy, but you must remember that he was raised on an "evil" planet... not even raised, survived. If you read his history, Curze was ordered to use his legion as terror troops, and the emperor backed him at least until the other Primarchs started to bring up his terror tactics, at which time the emperor condemned him. Dorn wasn't killed, and therefore "slew" is not a correct term, he was mauled though. This was due to Curze being reproached by Dorn for having a vision of the Emperor killing his brothers and himself (Curze had many visions which all came true). He was then sent to his chambers and condemned, at which time he escaped due to his dire position. The Emperor then sent an assassin to kill him, who failed, but this convinced Curze that he could not still serve the Emperor. He soon saw the corruption of Nostramo due to his abscence, and destroyed it.

A lot of this is gained from the book Lord of the Night which is actually pretty good, so I would definately suggest it. However, a lot of these details could be up for debate as it is told from the perspective of a Night Lord space marine (not necessarily chaos though, just traitor) who may have lied to the reader...
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLord127 View Post
    The Emperor then sent an assassin to kill him, who failed,
    i thought that curze realised previously what he had done, told his men to stand down and let the assasin march in and kill him, though this may be old canon.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by xarius View Post
    i thought that curze realised previously what he had done, told his men to stand down and let the assasin march in and kill him, though this may be old canon.
    That was a later attempt. That was after/during (?) the heresy, while the one I was referring to was prior to the Horus Heresy.
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Brother-Sergeant

Its a mystery to me how the emperor uses the bathroom while fighting chaos at the same time

Battle-Brother

They dont call it the golden THRONE for nothing *rimshot*

I really enjoyed Fantomex's and Steakhouse's comments regarding the Emperor. Top notch stuff, really well thought up and all totally plausible. That's my favorite secret.

cheers,

Battle-Brother

well since i love the Dark Angels my favorite secret has to be that Luther is still alive and is being kept in a secret cell that only the highest ranking members of the inner circle know about

I personally like some of the C'tan background, not the part how they are controlling everything (though the necron player in me thinks thats pretty sweet too) but the part about the in fighting.

also, and while maybe just my understanding or bad use of similar terms and stories, but the belief that the Eldar Laughing God and the Deceiver are basically interchangeable. Either two beings that are mistake in lore by (not mistakes on GW but people in the stories) , two people who use each others persona for their own goals (maybe the laughing god told the nightbringer to eat other C'tan) or they are just the same person (a C'tan using the eldar or an eldar god who found the best way to destory the Necrons)

I also like the conflicting between the Emperor & the Ad Mechs using the Void Dragon or the Void Dragon using the Emperor & the Ad Mechs.

on a side tangent, Do the Black Templar have any deep dark secrets? I can't seem to remember anything about them that seems like a 40k taint on their "Grand Crusade" for the emperor...

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast