BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

I don't know if this is a secret or just my wishful thinking but...I was thinking that maybe the Tau evolution and the sudden appearance of the Ethereal Caste was actually the work of some surviving Old Ones. I think their purpose is to unite the galaxy against the C'Tan (that being the Greater Good). Not only that but the Old Ones learned from their mistakes with the Eldar and the Orks by making this new race barely visible in the warp. The other thing that got me thinking about this is a quote from Eldrad Ulthran in the first Tau Codex. He says that he feels protective of them and that they'll go on to great things. I don't know if it holds water, but it might be an interesting secret.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by darth_papi76 View Post
    I don't know if this is a secret or just my wishful thinking but...I was thinking that maybe the Tau evolution and the sudden appearance of the Ethereal Caste was actually the work of some surviving Old Ones. I think their purpose is to unite the galaxy against the C'Tan (that being the Greater Good). Not only that but the Old Ones learned from their mistakes with the Eldar and the Orks by making this new race barely visible in the warp. The other thing that got me thinking about this is a quote from Eldrad Ulthran in the first Tau Codex. He says that he feels protective of them and that they'll go on to great things. I don't know if it holds water, but it might be an interesting secret.
    Actually, since the Tau have absoluetly no pyschic power and make no impact on the warp, it;s probably more likely that they are actually the procudt of the C'Tan taking a page out of the Old Ones's playbook.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by The Undying View Post
    While I like what has already been posted here I feel the need to post one of my own.
    It says on Lexicanum that Abaddon was guided to the resting place of his daemon sword by a Gold-Skinned Stranger now who do we know with gold skin cough* deceiver cough*, and what does this mean. Why do the C'tan want to help Chaos when they hate it as much (possibly more) as everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicanium
    Abaddon's Claim
    A monstrous, golden-skinned stranger led Abaddon to the weapon under the Tower of Silence on Uralan. To take the weapon from its crypt, Abaddon had to pass several tests given to him by the Chaos Gods in order for him to be proven worthy, as the gift is only given to those who were worthy of their dark powers.
    Yup. Sounds like the Deceiver...

Veteran-Sergeant

The Deciever was an imperial governor for awhile, who knows what he;s up to.

Chaplain

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    My favorite is the Horus Heresy story that implicates the dark secret of the origins of the Grey Knights.

That the founding members are the handful of Traitor Legion marines who stayed loyal in the face of their entire Legions and Primarchs turning traitor around them.

That would mean the Grey Knight's geneseed is a cocktail of individuals like the Death Guard's Garro, the Luna Wolves' Qruze, and others like them.

Beat that one!
    I rather like that Idea as I wondered what the Terran Lord had in mind for them at the end of the Eisenstein Book!

regards Barry H.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by The Undying View Post
    While I like what has already been posted here I feel the need to post one of my own.
    It says on Lexicanum that Abaddon was guided to the resting place of his daemon sword by a Gold-Skinned Stranger now who do we know with gold skin cough* deceiver cough*, and what does this mean. Why do the C'tan want to help Chaos when they hate it as much (possibly more) as everyone else.
    Golden skinned may mean tanned, which looked at in certain light (from past use of the term) means the Emperor, likely time travelling (using his powers of prediction he could tell when and where certain warpstorms would deposit him, of course using the same trick to return to his present) in order to do something unfathomable
    In cog we trust

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by darth_papi76 View Post
    Another one of the secrets revealed in Xenology is that the Harlequins stole a queen from the insect Q'Orl. They took the pheromone gland from it and used it as the basis for the creation of the first Ethereals. The entire Tau empire is guided with a scent based mind control.

As a Dark Angels player, I rather like the fact that the Lion isn't dead, only sleeping in the Rock. Our Primarch isn't dead or lost in the Warp, he's just taking a nap!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by ThePov View Post
    Well, as amazing and well thought out that line of logic is (which it is, really. Bravo.), and as much as it explains everything, it does depend rather heavily on one central assumption that is by no means set in stone, only implied in very round-about means, that being that the Emperor is an Old One. It's possible, it's epic, and it would explain a lot, which is precisely why GW won't use it. It's not in the interests of the company to essentially close the book on the 40K story like that, because they can instead just keep making money by giving us one teaser after another (and I'm not complaining, I personally fin the whole process very fun.).

So yeah, you have a very well developed theory that is entirely plausible, but will likely never be confirmed for the simple reason that GW likes to suck as much money out of your wallet as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I'd say further its a good thing because the individual can really pick/choose ideas/storylines/concepts ect he/she likes and go with that..it isnt wrong, but it isnt right either, its just up to the individual. That why I like 40k backround really, its very much up to the individuals perspective.
    Ah a good point. Yes GW won't explain their universe completely... Yet. And no it isnt in their best interests to describe everything... right now. Keep in mind though that ten years back everyone swore that GW would Never NEVER describe, in detail, the events of the Horus Heresy and now here we are with a series of books that are doing just that!

GW will eventually tell a more complete story of the 40k universe. It might take a long time, but when it comes to fluff/lore I am a very patient man.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Another Random Geek View Post
    As a Dark Angels player, I rather like the fact that the Lion isn't dead, only sleeping in the Rock. Our Primarch isn't dead or lost in the Warp, he's just taking a nap!
    You like the fact that unlike all other loyal primarchs he's lazy?
    In cog we trust

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast