BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My marine auto is TH/SS terminators, they get **** done.
    This.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    Once they've found a way to break the codex, DarkLink will be happy to tell you which unit is the best according to a blog he read
    I don't actually read very many blogs. Only BoLS, which doesn't have much in depth tactics stuff, and Frontline Gaming, but I'm buddies with those guys IRL so that doesn't really count, either. You play enough games at a competitive level, and you start to get to know what really works and what doesn't.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

An Auto-include for Grey Knights would be the Psycannon...
    For regular Marines, I'd say the tactical squad, the versatility of that unit make it good regardless of which kind of list your going to play with. If your including FW in this discussion, then the Demo-Cannon wielding Landraider(i forgot the name) can be a huge threat and top the priority kill list your opponent will make.

Edit: Also, i would say Sternguard in a drop pod would compliment any list a SM player can come up with.
    Last edited by Mr.Pickelz; 09-30-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Chapter-Master

I don't think Marines will have any one auto-include, but they will have heavy competition for a certain limited pool of units. HQ will probably be either Tigirius, Khan, or a CM on a Bike, for example. Overall, there's pretty good balance with most units, though a lot kind of got the shaft (BT characters, Chaplains).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

#1 Librarian
    #2 TH/SS Termies
    #3 Flakk Missile upgrades to Dev marines MLs.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

I play Necrons, so my auto-include is the HQ unit. ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    My marine auto is TH/SS terminators, they get **** done.
    I hate my TH/SS Terminators, they're cursed.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    I play Necrons, so my auto-include is the HQ unit. ;/
    This was funny to me because I play my Necrons with an un-upgraded Overlord. He doesn't get off his plane unless someone makes him... (you know how often I give up Slay the Warlord? Never.)

Just in the early games I've seen, Vulkan and/or Centurions have been in almost all the lists.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Personally I always include a Tac squad in my SM lists........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast