BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Most Codices have an auto include unit. What is the Space Marine Auto include.

Not counting troops type units.

Tau have the Riptide
    Eldar have Wave Serpent Spam
    Grey Knights have the Dreadknight
    Tyranids have Flyrants and Tervigons
    Chaos has the Helldrake
    Imperial Guard have the Vendetta
    Demons have the flying Monstrous creatures spam

I look at my marine brothers and don't see any auto includes. A lot of units that are useful in many roles but no unit that see's every single list. Nothing you just feel like you have to buy.

Anyone have an Auto include? I used to always include Sternguard in every list but looking at the new book their use has been slightly less important.

Chapter-Master

The Dreadknight is very much not an auto include. It's not even particularly competitive. Coteaz is, for his multitude of abilities, but that's it. Even the psyrifle Dread isn't as important in 6th.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    The Dreadknight is very much not an auto include. It's not even particularly competitive. Coteaz is, for his multitude of abilities, but that's it. Even the psyrifle Dread isn't as important in 6th.
    Okay, I have seen a Dreadknight in most lists I have seen so I assumed it had achieved auto include status.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamthulhu View Post
    Okay, I have seen a Dreadknight in most lists I have seen so I assumed it had achieved auto include status.
    Nah, its just a cool, fun unit, its not taken much by the competitive WAAC guys.

I think its a bit early for the list makers to decide what the "auto-include" for Space Marines is, it seems pretty nicely balanced really.
    Once they've found a way to break the codex, DarkLink will be happy to tell you which unit is the best according to a blog he read

Actually, I'm gonna go with the Thunderfire Cannon. For 100 points you get a 4-shot Str 6 Barrage gun, with an alt-fire mode that helps slow down the enemy, on a tough-as-nails platform, which also can buff the terrain for you and wander over to repair vehicles if there's nothing to shoot it at. Just one TFC will massacre Horde units, and can even ruin power armor through sheer quantity of wounds.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Actually, I'm gonna go with the Thunderfire Cannon. For 100 points you get a 4-shot Str 6 Barrage gun, with an alt-fire mode that helps slow down the enemy, on a tough-as-nails platform, which also can buff the terrain for you and wander over to repair vehicles if there's nothing to shoot it at. Just one TFC will massacre Horde units, and can even ruin power armor through sheer quantity of wounds.
    I agree but the space marine book seems balanced in that while the TFC is amazing some people don't want to spend a FOC slot on it for other options.

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    After playing a couple games with the new one I'm kinda split on the new TFC. Barrage is nice for being able to fire indirectly, and sniping out characters, but at the same time if that first shot misses wide, well...

Occuli Imperator

This is all very subjective. I've not played against a vendetta since the model first came out.

Marines have an auto include: Librarian.

Or at least this was before the new codex, it is still too early for any meta to be divined.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm going to say Sternguard are an auto-include, at least for me.

Their versatility with special issue ammunition and solid stats do it for me, and what better way to represent a Deathwatch kill team to fight alongside your battle brothers!

I'm sure others would have a favorite, maybe you should make this into a poll, which should show better responses at a glance as well!

Iron Father

My marine auto is TH/SS terminators, they get **** done.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast