BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your characters

Abbess Sanctorum

Default Your characters

So, who are your characters, and what are the things they've accomplished thus far?

I've had quite a few characters, myself. The most awesome one, however, has been Selena Pelanor. She is a Blank, born on a Paradise World. She was thrown out of her home because she felt unnatural, and eventually came across an Inquisitorial Psyker whom detected her and realized instantly what she was. Summoning the Inquisitor to take this rare child in, it was quickly discovered that she had a mental aptitude for scholarly knowledge, and by the age of fifteen she had reached a level of knowledge that surpassed almost all scholars of the Imperium, ranging from common lore about the Imperium and its organizations to scholarly lore about heraldry and history to more forbidden lores as allowed by the Inquisitor, including cults, daemons, and so on. She has developed an incessantly positive attitude, and is annoyingly optimistic and carefree seemingly regardless of the situation . She is also hopelessly innocent, believing in the Emperor so purely and so truthfully that it frightens others and shakes the faith of those that are not as true and pure. Her personality clashes severely with the world around her, and along with her peculiar Blank aura it causes people to almost instantly dislike her, despite being an attractive, well-behaved, and indeed generous young girl.

Right now, she has 17+ lore skills (And so when she says she knows everything, she's not too far off-- I take every chance I can to get more Lore skills!), and a custom-built best-quality hand cannon revolver which has done such amusing things as blow a fist-sized hole through a Dark Eldar Raider's head, helmet included, and then blow through a wall afterwards, destroying a set of computers, and then crashing thorugh ANOTHER wall after that and destroying another computer. She has an intelligence close to fifty and a fellowship close to fifteen. Her BS and perception are close to fourty, and she has the talent that will let her target specific parts on the body with a reduced penalty. Combined with aiming for half a turn, she has no penalty for firing a single shot at an enemy's head. And with her gun, that's almost always been fatal (only once has it actually not been, and that was because the target wore a Rosarius). Selena's Gun is almost its own entity in the game, thus why I capitalize the letters-- I'm thinking of naming it after a death deity, because if it wants something or someone dead, their fate is sealed.

She has a tendency to rant on any specific subject, and I am forced to constantly ask the GM for details on things like what the state of the corpse is, the shape of scars and tattoos, the general culture of this specific section of the underhive, the history of a specific battleship and its captains, and so on. Despite her annoying tendency to get a blade to the gut every adventure we go on, she hasn't actually managed to die yet, despite having only ten wounds. Apparently, the Emperor loves his young bas**** know-it-all blank and wants to keep her alive for now. Certainly, she's accomplished some amazing things for someone her age-- the teammates are just barely beginning to respect her.
    Last edited by Melissia; 11-22-2009 at 04:00 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

This is basically, my idea for a future character that I might run, while running a game at the start of next semester. A noble seneschal, taking everything he can to increase lore, profit factor and commerce. Basically I will be quite self referential and be a space lawyer. A friend has already claimed the rogue trader, and another is looking at navigator or something else like that.

We may have alternate roles, such as someone controlling the pilot when on the ship, or the head of house forces when doing boarding actions or ground combat, since it may just be the three of us.

i like the idea of the man behind the scenes, taking care of things so his boss can explore and plunder and profit, but I make it all happen. Yes we can sell those Eldar guns we plundered off the pirates, I had them registered as ancient art objects, or having informants and spies all through the ship and at every port we come to.

The trader gets to claim the world, I'll make sure we have enough landing craft to take the capital city. Then make sure the paper work is filed properly in quintuplet so we can begin the strip mining next week, using native labor of course.

As I will be running the game, this guy would give me a chance to take care of the small things that I would make a larger group do. You are a roving merchant with a small warship and semi-unlimited power, but you are still a merchant.

Chaplain

I'm about to start a Dark Heresy campaign as Larn Cormix, a young Arbitrator with a dark secret. Those of you who are fans of reading my prattle will recognise him as the brother of the reknowned thief Farrell Cormix. Only Larn's Inquisitor knows this fact, and uses it for leverage, as if it were revealed, Larn would surely face execution.

He's a svelte young man, barely a day over 24, with a shotgun called Regia. Also, he's probably going to fall passionately in forbidden love with our group's pskyer, a 16 year old girl from a feral world. Because drama is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrators Samson and Cormix arresting corrupt governor Quin Rulfson of Saris VIII
    "Quin Rulfson, you are under arrest, having been judged corrupt in the eyes of the Emperor. Read him his rights, Arbitrator Cormix."
    "You have no rights."
    "Thankyou, Arbitrator Cormix"

Abbess Sanctorum

Lmao. That's epic, sangre.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

Thankyou. I want to get the idea of the young, idealistic Arbitrator. Of course, as Arbites, he'll treat Regia like an extension of his arm, often casually gesturing with a double-barrelled shotgun. Because he's an Arbites.

Edit: He's also got a devotional scar because he's *hardcore*

Chaplain

Incidentally, the play-by-plays of Cormix's adventures in the campaign will be chronicled in his Journal, also on this board. Enjoy!

I have A Temple Calix Sanctioned Imperial Psyker. The dice gods have recently been good to me as me and the Tech Priest have put together a Good quality Lathe Forged force sword! We have been playong for over a year now in my group. And ahve come close to a TPK three times now. MY Psyker also has white skin and no hair. This was a random generation belive it or not. So we call him Powder!

We usually meet on wed and play till store close! I didnt think I would like playing a psyker but its become really fun.

Chaplain

So Mike, the guy who plays the assassin in our Dark Heresy group, is starting a RT five-sessional.

Guess who's playing.

You are Farrell Cormix. Gifted with a firm grasp of facts and figures, you began life as a savant in the service of a respected Imperial Commander on the paradise world of Astraea, capital world of the Astraea sector in the Segmentum Tempestus. Unfortunately, when said Imperial Commander chose to rebel against the authority of Terra, you found yourself on the wrong side of a civil war between the vast regiments of the Astraean Home Guard, and the elite forces of the Adeptus Arbites courthouses on the planet - and, as a result, rising to the position of an insurgent ringleader against your better judgement. Barely managing to escape your home world during the retaliatory Imperial crackdown, you have earned yourself the undying enmity of the Adeptus Arbites, who have hunted for you most of your adult life. You survived by fleeing from planet to planet, taking up a life of professional thievery to finance your travels. You are a relatively recent addition to <Rogue Trader’s name>’s crew, the dynasty having kindly agreed to shelter you from law enforcement in return for your loyalty and formidable social skills. Now, you can find riches you only dreamed of - if only you can keep ahead of the Arbites... especially that one Arbitrator who swore to never rest until he brought you to the light of the Emperor's Justice: Your brother, Larn Cormix, Defender of the Imperium.
    Yes, he will have a journal. Yes, it will be indescribably awesome.
    Anti-FSM, Pro-MSoB and proud

Brother-Sergeant

Default Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    So, who are your characters, and what are the things they've accomplished thus far?

I've had quite a few characters, myself. The most awesome one, however, has been Selena Pelanor. She is a Blank, born on a Paradise World. She was thrown out of her home because she felt unnatural, and eventually came across an Inquisitorial Psyker whom detected her and realized instantly what she was. Summoning the Inquisitor to take this rare child in, it was quickly discovered that she had a mental aptitude for scholarly knowledge, and by the age of fifteen she had reached a level of knowledge that surpassed almost all scholars of the Imperium, ranging from common lore about the Imperium and its organizations to scholarly lore about heraldry and history to more forbidden lores as allowed by the Inquisitor, including cults, daemons, and so on. She has developed an incessantly positive attitude, and is annoyingly optimistic and carefree seemingly regardless of the situation . She is also hopelessly innocent, believing in the Emperor so purely and so truthfully that it frightens others and shakes the faith of those that are not as true and pure. Her personality clashes severely with the world around her, and along with her peculiar Blank aura it causes people to almost instantly dislike her, despite being an attractive, well-behaved, and indeed generous young girl.

Right now, she has 17+ lore skills (And so when she says she knows everything, she's not too far off-- I take every chance I can to get more Lore skills!), and a custom-built best-quality hand cannon revolver which has done such amusing things as blow a fist-sized hole through a Dark Eldar Raider's head, helmet included, and then blow through a wall afterwards, destroying a set of computers, and then crashing thorugh ANOTHER wall after that and destroying another computer. She has an intelligence close to fifty and a fellowship close to fifteen. Her BS and perception are close to fourty, and she has the talent that will let her target specific parts on the body with a reduced penalty. Combined with aiming for half a turn, she has no penalty for firing a single shot at an enemy's head. And with her gun, that's almost always been fatal (only once has it actually not been, and that was because the target wore a Rosarius). Selena's Gun is almost its own entity in the game, thus why I capitalize the letters-- I'm thinking of naming it after a death deity, because if it wants something or someone dead, their fate is sealed.

She has a tendency to rant on any specific subject, and I am forced to constantly ask the GM for details on things like what the state of the corpse is, the shape of scars and tattoos, the general culture of this specific section of the underhive, the history of a specific battleship and its captains, and so on. Despite her annoying tendency to get a blade to the gut every adventure we go on, she hasn't actually managed to die yet, despite having only ten wounds. Apparently, the Emperor loves his young bas**** know-it-all blank and wants to keep her alive for now. Certainly, she's accomplished some amazing things for someone her age-- the teammates are just barely beginning to respect her.
    This is, without a doubt, one of the flat-out most insanely over the top characters I have ever heard described. Why in the world would your GM allow even half of this? How would people actually like the character enough to sit down and teach the vast expanse of Imperial knowledge, let alone by the age of 15? They actually have a name for that kind ofeducation package, by the name of the Schola Progenium plus or minus the odd bit of lore. I can tell you right now that no 15 year old, barring the most EXTREME cases, is ever going to be an academic savant by that age. On top of that, I want you to really try to dedicate yourself to more than one discipline of academic thought. For the purposes of this example, lets say astrophysics and biology, just for simple(ish) items of discussion (not going into how the girl has 17 lore skills). Now I want you, in the space of a normal educational lifespan, to teach your normal (read: no aura of sick disgust in her presence) child these two subjects in all of their breadth and depth, plus 38k years of development. Good luck with that. Now extrapolate that example to 17 fields of study. And add on gun-slinging. And a personality that surely has everyone else in your party rolling their eyes while you waste time talking about totally irrelevant and unimportant information.

/rant
    The objective of the game is to win. The purpose of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused.

Chaplain

Irdion, clearly never having encountered Melissia before.
    Anti-FSM, Pro-MSoB and proud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast