BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by WolfKnight View Post
    That would make Bretonnia the oldest army book without an update (well, that's already the case). Even BT and Sisters got something first! The only thing that would make this okay: Brets in the 9th Ed starter box. And I suppose it will be good that I'll only have to afford IG and SW in that 2-3 Month timeframe.
    Already the oldest, the current dwarf and Wood Elf army books came out when I was playing with the current brets.
    For the Greater good.

Librarian

Does this mean that they have a found a way to make them "competitive"? All I hear is that they're trounced at every opportunity. If that is the case, that could make a very interesting book.

Brother-Sergeant

Are Wood Elves going to be the last book of 8th edition? With only 5 books to go, will GW actually complete an entire edition?

I think they will, you know.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Default corvus169

Quote Originally Posted by Solution9 View Post
    I have one and I love it but right now it just does not work. I'm hoping the monster we get is a suped up version of a Treeman. Heck I would like to see more Forest Spirit units but I doubt that would happen.
    If they do release an uber treeman model, you know the sculpt is going to be tree-mendous. Im so sorry but it had to be done. Lol

Did you join the forum just for the sake of that one terrible pun?

Chapter-Master

So nothing between November and March? We know November is the second wave of dark elves and December will be hobbit based, but two 40k releases on the spin in January and February seems a bit surprising. Unless this staggered two month release is going to be a regular thing, which I'd be surprised about. Room for Bret's in January perhaps?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chaplain

Having just read this month's white dwarf I was wondering if wood elves are coming next year will they be done by Matt Ward? He's done the other elves and discussed how he worked on the history for both races at the same time, I think it would make sense for him to write the 3rd elf faction too. I saw one of the dark elf units negates ranks and instantly thought war dancers

Veteran-Sergeant

If that's true pgarfunckle then we'll probably a see a lot of similarities between all 3 book including ASF across the board and some form of reroll in many of the different units. Wood elves have always intreged me to some degree, I think it's the foresty feel, I do a lot of my bases with leaf litter and doing an autumnal wood elf army has been on my hobby list for absolutely years.

The intresting thing that has been on my mind is what wonders will the Wood elves get in the form of new big creatures. HE got the Phoenix and DE got the Multi-kit Hydra Karybbdyss. Will Wood Elves get the obvious forest dragon/sisters of twlight model, or a giant treebeard-esque model?

I really hope dwarves get the same love DEs did, while the basic kits arnt terrible, they do look very tired.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast