BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default Druchii Discussion!

Got my book, and I am impressed so far!

Only looked at the rules, as I'm keen to see how they changes affect my existing army....

Haven't spotted any groaners at all, though I'm not sure why you would field Bleakswords over Corsairs, who have a better save. Bleakswords do of course get Parry, but I'm not such a fan of that. Your mileage may of course vary!

Right. Thread started....CARRY ON!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Question: Did they make Malus Darkblade a character in the new army book?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

I had an entire day of housework so I didn't pick it up, but maybe on Wednesday.

I'm curious as to what unit people prefer overall - i.e. in about equal points - with regards to Corsairs or Witch Elves. I expect most will like Witch Elves more but if Corsairs are roughly comparable then that is all good. The reason is that 10 Corsairs costs about $29 less than 10 Witch Elves in Australia! So yes, what do you like more in roughly equal points - i.e. not deathstars including Cauldrons, but just overall units by themselves.

On Malus, he is a Lord choice now.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I had an entire day of housework so I didn't pick it up, but maybe on Wednesday.

I'm curious as to what unit people prefer overall - i.e. in about equal points - with regards to Corsairs or Witch Elves. I expect most will like Witch Elves more but if Corsairs are roughly comparable then that is all good. The reason is that 10 Corsairs costs about $29 less than 10 Witch Elves in Australia! So yes, what do you like more in roughly equal points - i.e. not deathstars including Cauldrons, but just overall units by themselves.

On Malus, he is a Lord choice now.
    It's a tough call.

Basic Corsairs are cheaper, but ahw is now an upgrade, the cost of which brings them to the same points as a Witch Elf.

Corsairs are more rounded. Where they lack Frenzy and Poison, they gain a 4+ save...

If you're going Khainite, Witch Elves all the way. A less themed force, Corsairs offer a flexible unit.

Because of this, I genuinely wouldn't say one is better than the other.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm new to Fantasy, so if I start spouting obvious untruths, please correct me.

I notice there's no pictures of Malekith's miniature in the book (I think, I might've missed him). Suggestive of something forthcoming? I hope so, old metal miniature is old and metal.

Corsairs and Witch Elves do different things for those points, it seems like a fairly even decision as to which ones you want.

Hellebron looks like she's off the hook, but hilariously expensive on a Cauldron.

I'm not really convinced by the Bleakswords. I can see their role, but I'm not sure they really anchor a battleline in the same way a big block of spearmen do. Black Guard look great.

The magic items look pretty nice, although the Hydra Blade has that problem most people's Most Expensive Weapon has of not necessarily feeling like it's worth all those points. Does give massive numbers of attacks, and Heroic Killing Blow is pretty hilarious, even if you do have to swing wildly at WS2 or so with it. Depends on how lucky you're feeling - lots of attacks helps! The Chillblade seems the more obvious day to day choice, though.

Is there something I'm missing with Poisoned Attacks (6+)? I thought a 6 was always a wound anyway these days...?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's a tough call.

Basic Corsairs are cheaper, but ahw is now an upgrade, the cost of which brings them to the same points as a Witch Elf.

Corsairs are more rounded. Where they lack Frenzy and Poison, they gain a 4+ save...

If you're going Khainite, Witch Elves all the way. A less themed force, Corsairs offer a flexible unit.

Because of this, I genuinely wouldn't say one is better than the other.
    Cheers, that makes me feel a lot better now. Instead of dropping about $210 AUD per Core unit, I'll only have to drop about $123 AUD I'm thinking a mix of Corsairs with Repeater Crossbowmen for my Core choices to fit alongside a pair of Hydras and a pair of Kharibdyss' and other stuff to taste.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Corsairs are also sick as hell pirates. Rum coves to an elf. That's a powerful argument, right there.

Further question: is a Dreadlord on a Black Dragon as awesome as I think it is? I really like the model, and so...

Sisters of Slaughter....quite possibly the must have unit!

Granted they are pricey for a barely armoured T3 unit, but as a supporting unit they cannot be beat! Lots of attacks, and prevent rank bonus modifiers? Bung them in the flank to reduce attrition, and you're looking at an easily won combat. They're a boon to Chariots and the prevalent monsters!

Chapter-Master

just got my copy and had a quick skim read, and absolutely loving it. personally looking at a witch elf and crossbowmen core, executioners, sisters, hydra, cauldron, and some shades. chuck in a few assassins, a sorceress, and about set.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

The problem I'm having is that I basically want all of it.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast