BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by KaiZie View Post
    I'm doing my hobby a tad differently atm, now im on the outside of the White Tower. I'm going for the box at a time tactic combined with "Paint some chaff, paint something cool, repeat"
    Good tactic, my biggest mistake was to buy a 2k army...took me 2 years to finish.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have a cupboard of tau, in fact its my parents airing cupboard. Full of Tau and WoC. i've got 3k of Dark Eldar on top of the wardrobe in my old room at my parents place as well, including 2k sat on on old desk

I am a man of much hobby and not a lot of painting

I need to dust off my Dark Elves this week.

Honestly can't remember what I've got anymore! Cold One Knights? I think so. Pretty sure they inexplicably bred as well, leading to more than I remember buying....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

This may be a bit off topic question, does anybody know which paints are used for the blue-green colors on page 80 of the new dark elf book? They show the sorceress, warrior and corsair. I might use it as a new color scheme.

Veteran-Sergeant

You are most likely looking around the Kabalite/Sabrite greens starting around Stegodon scale or incubi darkness, most probably highlighted with Gauss Blaster green. The Blues are around Sotek and temple guard, Baharoth hihglight starting at stegodon scale, most probably all with a Coelia Greenshade wash.

This is a guess without having the book on hand from my memory. I know exactly which models you mean and I did have a ponder on how it was done. So this is what I reckon without having the book to double check

Veteran-Sergeant

You are most likely looking around the Kabalite/Sabrite greens starting around Stegodon scale or incubi darkness, most probably highlighted with Gauss Blaster green. The Blues are around Sotek and temple guard, Baharoth hihglight starting at stegodon scale, most probably all with a Coelia Greenshade wash.

This is a guess without having the book on hand from my memory. I know exactly which models you mean and I did have a ponder on how it was done. So this is what I reckon without having the book to double check
    Thanks this helps a great deal. I really like the colour.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'll have another look when I get home and drop you a message if this changes from what i suspect

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, those colours look about right now I've had chance to nose. Anyone else think otherwise~?

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, those colours look about right now I've had chance to nose. Anyone else think otherwise~?
    I think you got the paints spot on. Some experimentation might be needed to get the right combination. The other corsair schemes I found a bit blank and uninspired.

Veteran-Sergeant

Looking at the book now, the corsair, sorceress front cloth and bleaksword shield start at incubi darkness working up through to sabrite green. The bleak sword armour is black with kabalite highlights and sabarite spot highlight. Extreme spot highlights on the cloth does look like either a sabarite/white scar mix or gauss blaster green. Interestingly, my dark elf blog is using similar techniques for the armour but using reds.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516