BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

it isn't a problem, it is an opportunity...

building some repeater crossbowmen at the moment. I think it is a shame that all the models are just holding the bows at ease, rather than aiming them, and the heads aren't separate so you can't have them aiming down the bow.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 10-05-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

It's a nice problem to have, for sure.

I think a solid basis founded on Repeater Crossbows, Spearmen and Black Guard is probably a good one. I want some Cold One Knights. I'd like some Witch Elves and a Cauldron if I can fit them in; Sisters of Slaughter also look like a really fun unit to have dancing around ruining people's day. I'm going to make two Dreadlords; one on a Dragon, one on a Cold One to lead the Knights in smaller games. Oh, and I need Sorceresses. And probably a Repeater Bolt Thrower. And a Hydra! And...

Social Justice Warlord Titan

Veteran-Sergeant

I saw on some forums that the German book got crossbow option for corsairs, can someone confirm this? It sounds as a translation error. I am really interested in the black guard vs executioners discussion. Most people seem to disregard black guard and although I agree 15 points is much, they work very good with a cauldron. Executioners however are better on their one. The new monster sounds awesome. The corsair lord however really sucks and will never see the daylight (a shame). And the beast master lord is also not perfect but has it uses (dread lord however is better).
    Last edited by angrybear; 10-05-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Chapter-Master

corsairs can take hand bows, not full repeater crossbows

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    corsairs can take hand bows, not full repeater crossbows
    Thought as much, probably translation error or bad reading^^. Thanks!

Chapter-Master

I think they will kick arse with hand bows personally

bit sad about the apparent lack of female torso's with the troops my (never quite finished) army had a separate block of all female infantry in Gold and Dark Angels Green
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    bit sad about the apparent lack of female torso's with the troops my (never quite finished) army had a separate block of all female infantry in Gold and Dark Angels Green
    there's always Ebay&co if you want to finish that regiment...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    I really like the lack of female torso's, they looked really off with the old sculpts. If you want females you can always choose witch elves or sisters of slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I saw on some forums that the German book got crossbow option for corsairs, can someone confirm this? It sounds as a translation error. I am really interested in the black guard vs executioners discussion. Most people seem to disregard black guard and although I agree 15 points is much, they work very good with a cauldron. Executioners however are better on their one. The new monster sounds awesome. The corsair lord however really sucks and will never see the daylight (a shame). And the beast master lord is also not perfect but has it uses (dread lord however is better).
    Executioners and Blackguard fulfil different roles.

Executioners mess up oncoming Heavy Infantry and Cavalry.

Blackguard are there for murderising standard infantry in the face!

Also, Blackguard can be fielded in smaller units due to Eternal Hatred offering a plethora of re-rolls, and the higher front rank attack count.

As with the book and army in general, it's horses for courses. Units that fill ostensibly similar roles still have their more specific preferred situation.

Cauldron of course mixes things up.....

For me, if I'm fielding it with Witch Elves, it's joining them. The benefits are just too great.

Without Witch Elves? Solid supporting unit, as it can march. I'd keep it behind my main lines, pootling up and down, making its buff abilities felt where they're needed most!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 10-05-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast