BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    If your opponent does something and, when you ask to check the codex to see how it works and he refuses, why wouldn't you just pack up your models and tell him that he's won, why bother playing against such a dick? If everyone does that, he'll soon change his ways.
    Last time it happened was in a local tourney situation. Guy in question tried to counter-argue that I was trying to slow-play. Without being able to quote the rule to the TO, that devolves into a "my word vs. his" situation. I should have the stronger argument, but the only reason the TO sided with me is somebody else got caught cheating earlier in the day. And before you say "find a better place to play", nearest other game store where 40k players regularly show is an hour and a half away. I'll have the cash to finish off my Codex collection well before I'll have gas money to travel to the other place regularly. Again, I'm not saying I'm on the right for pirating the books, just giving an example of how I've gotten stuck playing a less-than-honest person without an easy recourse.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    They're on other platforms now.

Regardless, you wants it, you pays for it. Just like everything else in life....
    There are plenty of free things in life; some of the most enjoyable things, in fact.

Is someone with a photographic memory entitled to all the rules without buying them? Thumb through a friends copy, never have to reference it again.
    Anyone can read and store anything in their head and it isn't theft, right? I haven't stolen that copy of "Tropic of Cancer" that I returned to my local library, just because I can remember key parts of it, right? But if I use some 1's and 0's as an auxiliary, that is theft? Maybe by a classic definition. But that definition is changing.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I don't pay for digital editions....but thats because I've bought the physical codex, and I'll scan it myself. That being said if I don't want to damage my book in a scanner (say its one of my LE ones) I will find an online PDF.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    There are plenty of free things in life; some of the most enjoyable things, in fact.

Is someone with a photographic memory entitled to all the rules without buying them? Thumb through a friends copy, never have to reference it again.
    Anyone can read and store anything in their head and it isn't theft, right? I haven't stolen that copy of "Tropic of Cancer" that I returned to my local library, just because I can remember key parts of it, right? But if I use some 1's and 0's as an auxiliary, that is theft? Maybe by a classic definition. But that definition is changing.
    Everything had a price. Girlfriends? They cost. Walk in the park? Thank your taxes for its existence. So on and so forth.

And how many people have eidetic memory?

But since your clutching, the straws are little more to the left.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Anyone can read and store anything in their head and it isn't theft, right?
    Oh, you're so clever!
    I am so envious of your eidetic memory, it is truly a wondrous thing...
    Now, before we go any further, could you just show me that rule again so I can see it for myself?

If you read that before you hit Post and thought "this makes me sound so cool and smart", well, I have some news for you buddy.

The is a massive difference between pirating something for your own use and stealing someone else's IP to sell it on...

Am I the only one not to have had problems with buying legit discount 40K stuff online? I can recommend an Australian company if need be.

With Forgeworld, the stuff they make is not that overpriced and is well worth it IMO.

As for ripping codices... least said soonest mended.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    The is a massive difference between pirating something for your own use and stealing someone else's IP to sell it on...
    Except you're depriving whoever created the item of their rightful due.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Except you're depriving whoever created the item of their rightful due.
    The company, but not the individual. Phil Kelley still gets his salary whether I rip the Eldar book or buy it. Same with all the artists. Same with the guys who handle the paper pulp.
    Is there any reason to treat a company morally?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast