BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Forgeworld 'Discount'

Several words of warning to anyone who decides to give these guys a try. After waiting over a month for my order to ship, I was told that they were very behind in shipping out product. I waited another 3 weeks and contacted them again. After no reply, I filed a complaint with PayPal. Two weeks later they respond and ship FINALLY ship the order. It shows up in a flimsy shoebox with no packing, three sandwich baggies of parts and many broken pieces. I went to assemble the Legion Rapier Destroyer and low and behold...they sent me two right hand chassis pieces.

I own many actual Forgeworld items and this was more of an experiment to see what I would get. I definitely learned my lesson. It may be a 'discount' price, but you get a full value of headaches with it.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

In other news....counterfeit products are poor quality with poor customer service
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

There is no such thing as discount Forgeworld. Forgeworld themselves have stated before that they do not sell to retail channels, thus the price you pay on the FW website is the price EVERYONE pays, almost without exception (the sole exception that I am aware of is GW staff). Anyone selling Forgeworld models for the same price or cheaper than Forgeworld themselves is not to be trusted as the parts are almost certainly re-cast or a scam or else the person/company selling them is taking a loss on every sale.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 10-06-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Veteran-Sergeant

Never settle for less my friend, Forgeworld is usually worth it. Have you tried ebay for some desperate deals, I've been able to get Tau battlesuits for better prices from people getting out of the hobby.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ChacoStylez View Post
    Never settle for less my friend, Forgeworld is usually worth it. Have you tried ebay for some desperate deals, I've been able to get Tau battlesuits for better prices from people getting out of the hobby.

ditto. watch for bit lots and get tons cheap

Yeah, i am also shocked that the buisiness that makes illegal copies of a product is not to be trusted.

FW is full of really really nice dudes, its a small team of really dedicated hobbyists, getting to chat with them at GDUK was a pleasure, they genuinely love thier jobs and it shows in the quality they produce, its not cheap but you get your monies worth. If you don't want to pay the price, don't buy the models, simple as that

Occuli Imperator

Of course you could always report the to trading standards if you believe them to be engaged in counterfitting...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

SIte's gone already, yet another dodgy re-caster flashes in the pan soon to be replaced with the same people and a new website.......
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Chaplain

I have found a few good re-casters and personaly I don't think playing and exorpedint price is worth it

Brother-Captain

Hence why I often buy parts from Tamiya. If it looks like it could be used in 40K, then hey, it can be.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast