BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    What I hope we don't see is any big monstery kit. That would be about as Dwarven as giving them Cavalry.
    Bear Calvary. 'Nuff Said.
    Last edited by mearn4d10; 12-27-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Spellcheck. Dayum.

Librarian

Anyone know why it's so quiet on the rumor front. The nids had info in November, thats 2 months before release and I thought we were meant to be next so we should of had a bit more by now.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Fly Lord

OP Updated:

via BoLS 1-7-2014
    Dwarfs - February (I'd bet on February 8th)

The Kits:

Plastic Tunneling Vehicle
    Plastic infantry heavy armor unit kit (dual-build)
    Plastic infantry light armor unit kit (dual-build)

Plastic War Altar
    Plastic New VERY large gun/cannon
    Plastic Beefier Gyrocopter

Clampack Lord
    No finecast was mentioned at all. If you look at what needs plastic kits in the existing Dwarf range, and look to the old-unit/new unit splits in the Dark Elves release for inspiration, it's not too hard to figure out what's coming.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

The Heavy kit is likely Ironbreakers/Hammerers, but what would the light be.. a redo of Warriors that can be done into Longbeards? Or prehaps Longbeards/Miners?

Miners are a really new kit.

Well. I say really new.

Most recent in the stunty line.

As are Warriors along issue Thunderers/Quarrelers.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Most likely going to be a Warrior/Longbeard kit - maybe they will have different weapon choices? Gyrocopter sounds awesome. I have plans to make an Engineer wing of my Dwarf army so will be looking into that.

Hmm.. Heavy Armor dual kit and Light Armor dual kit. I wonder if that's strictly Heavy Armor per rules or just heavy looking. Considering Dwarfs have a mix of 4 types armor I wonder if there might be a new type of core/special unit or if they've got creative with the dual kits. Id be a little skeptical of Ironbreakers and Hammerers sharing a kit since I'd hope Gromril Armor looks a bit different from the heavy armor of Hammerers. I also think the Warrior kit is pretty solid for making Warriors/Longbeards and the Thunderer kit already handles Thunderers/Quarellers well. I'd LOVE to see a plastic kit for Slayers and hopefully the revised rules will bring them up to par. Unbreakable is amazing and they kill monsters awesomely, but they are expensive as heck for how squishy they are.

All in all, plastic kits for Ironbreakers, Hammerers, and possibly Slayers are sorely needed.

Well, I'm pretty sure it's going to be Ironbreakers/Hammerers. And concerning the different look of Gromril Armour vs. Heavy Armour - they will feature different heads and most likely different arms, this way you can change the look of the armour dramatically. Also, people were hoping for Hammerers with Gromril Armour for a long time Just give Ironbreakers a stone rune on top of it and everyone is happy. The other kits would be Warriors/Longbeards and Thunderers/Quarrelers. I can easily imagine Slayers moving to core, there have been some similar shifts in the army lists both of High and Dark Elves, especially if you consider that these new war machines will likely at least take 1-2 of the elite choices. With Slayers still in there, it would be to crowded. If we think back to the early Spanish rumor, a plastic Slayer kit would be dual-use with a new unit called "Brotherhood of Grimnir", that sounds like a rare choice unit. That would also fit with the new Elven units. This rumor also spoke of a War Altar, probably dual use with a Anvil of Doom, so I could see a Slayer character mounting that thing. Oh the glorious times ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Justus Ackermann View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure it's going to be Ironbreakers/Hammerers. And concerning the different look of Gromril Armour vs. Heavy Armour - they will feature different heads and most likely different arms, this way you can change the look of the armour dramatically. Also, people were hoping for Hammerers with Gromril Armour for a long time Just give Ironbreakers a stone rune on top of it and everyone is happy. The other kits would be Warriors/Longbeards and Thunderers/Quarrelers. I can easily imagine Slayers moving to core, there have been some similar shifts in the army lists both of High and Dark Elves, especially if you consider that these new war machines will likely at least take 1-2 of the elite choices. With Slayers still in there, it would be to crowded. If we think back to the early Spanish rumor, a plastic Slayer kit would be dual-use with a new unit called "Brotherhood of Grimnir", that sounds like a rare choice unit. That would also fit with the new Elven units. This rumor also spoke of a War Altar, probably dual use with a Anvil of Doom, so I could see a Slayer character mounting that thing. Oh the glorious times ahead!
    If Slayers are moving to Core (and it is a good argument for it).. Yay for the return of all slayer armies! Now we just need FW to bring back the Slayer Goblin Hewer!!!!

Hammerers in gromril armor would be awesome. Probably my favorite unit due to their killing power and stubborn.

I really hope one of the other kits isnt Warriors/Longbeards or Thunderers/Quarellers. Those kits are fine.
    WFB: Dwarfs 3000+ Points, Warriors of Chaos 3000+ Points
    W40k: Grey Knights 2000+ Points

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast