BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

[URL="http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/"]via latabernadadelaurana[/URL]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	durthu-toc.png 
Views:	1496 
Size:	371.6 KB 
ID:	8444
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    [URL="http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/"]via latabernadadelaurana[/URL]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	durthu-toc.png 
Views:	1496 
Size:	371.6 KB 
ID:	8444
    Well, Wood Elves Battle Magic is listed as a 16 card deck. So they really get both Dark and High Magic. Huge dislike!

Librarian

No more lore of athel which is a shame, but beasts high and dark magic will be much better.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Justus Ackermann View Post
    Well, Wood Elves Battle Magic is listed as a 16 card deck. So they really get both Dark and High Magic. Huge dislike!
    I think its a fantastic idea, its shows how the wood elves are neutral and use whatever magic that fits their needs. The prices of the treeman also surprise me (positive).

For those disappointed with Wood Elves losing Lore of Athel Loren... keep in mind the lore attribute(s) will be different according to the leaked White Dwarf pages. So it's possible that tree-singing became a lore attribute instead of a discrete spell.

Personally, I'd like to see a seperate lore attribute for both high and dark magic to emphasize the light/dark duality of the Wood Elves. So maybe tree singing-like effect for high magic and something more sinister for dark magic.

I guess we will find out in a week (or sooner if they actually mention it in White Dwarf)!
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Given they are released in one set, I wonder if they are separate lores, or both mixed together in one combi wood elf lore.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Got a nice look at the White Dwarf today. Pretty much everything that can be leaked out has as far as I can see. Definites on the stags, the High/Dark/All 8 Lores access for them (which personally I think is cool, but then I'm a new player as opposed to someone attached to previous iterations). Treeman looks awesome, particularly the one painted in more wood like colours. Ranked dryads were present, the original Glade Guard and Glade Riders on ordinary painted horses (speculation with GW manager was spirit horse option?).

As far as I could see, the 'Eternal Guard' like minis appear to have some sort of great axe, but nothing concrete on other weapon options or what (if anything) they double up with. Manager also mentioned that Sisters of Twilight have gone off the website too! Fingers crossed for forest dragon!

Not much else to report and no tidbits. Manager mentioned that such is the.policy of secrecy regarding new releases that at a strategy meeting for instore events for the region, they all had to pretend they didn't know apocalypse was coming!

Needless to say, I have a limited edition book on unofficial preorder :P

EDIT: Observe [url]https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10172642_626606834090877_8834008611495452834_n.jpg[/url]

Pretty sure two axes is a unit champion. If you look closely at the right hand end of the axe-elves, I believe you can see a musician wielding an axe that is much the same (and is that a peak of the same axe being held forward just as the picture cuts?)
    Last edited by MythicKhan; 04-24-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Battle-Brother

Wood Elves with axes? What will Durthu think? Maybe he will think they are stunties and smash them

Librarian

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer?N=102295+4294967192&Nu=product.repositor yId&qty=12&sorting=phl&view=table[/url]
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Well, there the Wardancers are. And still metal.... interesting that they are called The Wardancer Troupe...

Have they become a character unit?

As for the rest..... eee! Can't wait for my LE army book :P

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast