BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I'm assuming the significant points drops across the majority of units is a way of combating their weaknesses under 8th rules. That and giving us to ranked up combat units. Makes sense, especially as it looks like 8th will be sticking around for a while with 40k set for a new rule set.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Sergeant

But no item upgrades for Treeman Ancients or Branchwraiths? That kinda hurts. But since I won't have to pump points into those upgrades I guess it allows me to put more into unit sizes.

It seems the point drop for some units will be largely negated by the additional cost for magical arrows, or spears/weapons (I'm looking at you wardanders). Also the treeman ancient can have the strangling roots upgrade, but yes it looks like our spites are all but gone (treemen or maybe just Durthu I believe come with a form of spite attack). Although only AoN and Cluster of radients were the only ones worth taking on the foresty sorts. Dryads being a RnF unit now will be very interesting (no more shrubbery screening).

Makes sense, especially as it looks like 8th will be sticking around for a while
    I thought 9th was rumored to be released soon? So far all of the rumors on the release schedule have been right on the mark, and the leaked rules reference forces of light and destruction as one would expect from the timeline moving up (the battle between good and evil becomes more apparent). So I guess we'll have to wait and see, but there are clues point to an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Hate to tell you, but they've had all that since 8th ed dropped. The old books didn't have Unit types, so you go on the BRB, which says they are MI.

They already had scaly skin 4+, magical attacks and a 5+ ward (though that popped so it's much of a muchness).

But having said that, I take it all back, I was wrong. Upon checking my book, I realised they have in fact got a staggering 25 points cheaper! Man, they are going to be awesome. Now if only they had some shiny new plastic models....
    I was meaning Mi gained a lot since 8th came out, and Treekin we're pointed for 7th.

But all moot now!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm just happy that Naestra and Arahan are in the book.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chaplain

As it looks like there will not be a plastic eagle release for the new book, has anyone used the lord of the rings eagles? Seeing as there are 2 in a box I was hoping that they would be a suitable size to use.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarfunkle View Post
    As it looks like there will not be a plastic eagle release for the new book, has anyone used the lord of the rings eagles? Seeing as there are 2 in a box I was hoping that they would be a suitable size to use.
    Jep, I use them for my High Elves. They are pretty large, with a wing-span comparable to the Phoenix. Works fine.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Magnitude View Post
    It seems the point drop for some units will be largely negated by the additional cost for magical arrows, or spears/weapons (I'm looking at you wardanders). Also the treeman ancient can have the strangling roots upgrade, but yes it looks like our spites are all but gone (treemen or maybe just Durthu I believe come with a form of spite attack). Although only AoN and Cluster of radients were the only ones worth taking on the foresty sorts. Dryads being a RnF unit now will be very interesting (no more shrubbery screening).

I thought 9th was rumored to be released soon? So far all of the rumors on the release schedule have been right on the mark, and the leaked rules reference forces of light and destruction as one would expect from the timeline moving up (the battle between good and evil becomes more apparent). So I guess we'll have to wait and see, but there are clues point to an update.
    I thought that was all codswallop myself. The only realisable stuff is coming a week or two in advance. Remember those rumours about owl riders for wood elves? It is looking more certain that 40k is getting some sort of big update, so I find unlikely they will do that and release a new edition of fantasy in the same summer. It wouldn't make them as much money as people will prioritise one of the other and it will most likely kill fantasy. If the 40k update is just a spit and polish rather than whole new edition, then maybe Warhammer as well.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Dark Magic lore attribute: when a wood elf wizard casts a spell from the lore of dark magic and it is not dispelled, place a vengeance counter next to the target unit once the spell is resolved (do not place counters on friendly units). When a unit wit vengeance counters suffers damage from Dark Magic spells, increase the number of hits inflicted by D3 for each counter (rolling separately for each).

Lore attribute for High Magic: when a wood elf wizard casts a spell from the lore of high magic and it is not dispelled, place a protection counter next to the wizard once the spell is resolved. Later, when a wizard (or the unit he is with) with protection counters suffers an unsaved wound, discard a protection counter, treating a wound as saved for each discarded.

This from the armybook, which I just had a chance to see :P

Chapter-Master

How long do the counters last for? Do they stack? Are the Dark Magic ones discarded when the unit is hit? There seems to be potential for confusion unless these are explained very clearly.

Those protection counters could be great for minimising miscast damage.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast