BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pgarfunkle View Post
    Looks like Wood Elves will have access to the 8 basic lores of magic as well as High and Dark but will lose the Lore of Athel Loren
    I guess this means no more Tree Singing...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Araloth the Sorcerer: New Character, plastic clampack, Wizard and falcon.
    The White Dwarf rules for Araloth don't seem to indicate any Wizardry...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Ancient Treeman: Reissue of old Man Tree
    Lolwut?

I don't see no Wizard level...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I guess this means no more Tree Singing...

The White Dwarf rules for Araloth don't seem to indicate any Wizardry...

Lolwut?

I'm going to chalk that up to translation issues - and here my favorite video on the subject...

Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Sutek View Post
    -Looks like Wood Elves will have access to the 8 basic lore of magic as well as High and Dark but will lose the Lore of Athel Loren

+++ The amazing thing of being able to field level 1 or 2 magi that use main book lore is something I've/we've waited on for years! Good times are here Hopefully there will still be an option to use eagles as mounts for spellcasters. I am wishlisting for character flyers to be able to join units of flyers, warhawks/eagles to warhawks/eagles but we shall see.
    They have their own lore attributes for both Dark and High magic though according to the photos of the white dwarf showing the battle magic card set.

While I think the Lore of Athel Loren could have been rewritten to be useful, it was largely junk. Even the beastman lore was better.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Hey guys!

I came across a link with half the codex pages put up in Italian (I'll try and post the link later). No Army List section so no points values but I can confirm that Dryads have Scaly Skin (+5), Eternal Guard are in and their spear are not armour piercing like the new SC but do make the Guard S4 (included in profile). So should combo well with Razor Standard. Something akin to Spites is in there (two pages worth!) And the first relic is the Bow of Athel Loren. Elves reroll 1s for to hit for shooting and ALL bows (not just glade guard) are S4 at half range. Eternal Guard are +6, ++6 but with ASF (which seems to be universal for Elves), they should hit like a ton of bricks. Mages can take lore of Athel Loren and (I think) all lores from the rules.

That's all I can decipher as I don't have translate available and my Italian is awful.

So far, I like the changes a lot. We seem to hit a LOT harder in combat and the buffs to shooting are INSANE. Waywatchers will be excellent now.

The pages in Italian are fake. They are fan-made.

Got a source?

Always need a source
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Highly doubt they're fake. These look plenty real to me: [url]http://m.imgur.com/a/ztwXx[/url]

Especially when you consider we only knew what units were going to be in this release quite recently and this already has them in there in a format so high quality that it would have taken considerable time to knock up.

Edit: Actually Khan, I take that back. Seems pretty unlikely that the rules for the sorceror are on page 3...

On one hand, I'm sad at being taken in by a forgery. On the hand, kudos to whoever made the fakes because they sure fooled myself and literally everyone in my local store!
    Last edited by Tomgar; 04-22-2014 at 02:39 PM.

I think they may be duff.

Page numbers are out of whack. Granted they need not be shown in correct numerical order, but that's not my concern here. What is, is that the standard format is for the background first, and then the bestiary.

The numbering here doesn't allow for background first.

Now, there's nothing stopping them from mucking about with a standard layout. But yeah. Seems odd. Especially some of the artwork, which simply isn't wafty enough for GW styles.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Definite fake.

Has anyone heard if there will be a LE book?

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast