BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Fair point but another post on Faeit has them down for May. Can you tell I'm getting desperate yet? :P

Chapter-Master

I doubt we'll see anything before the new edition. GW looks to have switched its focus to 40k now. Whether this is a permanent change of balance or just a lull before the new edition, only time will tell.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I doubt we'll see anything before the new edition. GW looks to have switched its focus to 40k now. Whether this is a permanent change of balance or just a lull before the new edition, only time will tell.
    What? Since Dwarves GW has released some supplemental material but AM will be the first big release. I don't think there is any indication that they have discontinued Fantasy for the time being.

Chapter-Master

I should clarify. I don't mean discontinued, but there has been talk about them scaling back the resources they invest in Warhammer, given 40k sells twice as much. It would make sense too see them shift to Warhammer every three months, rather than every other month. If so, we shouldn't expect to see anything between Dwarves and the new edition.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

I should clarify. I don't mean discontinued, but there has been talk about them scaling back the resources they invest in Warhammer, given 40k sells twice as much. It would make sense too see them shift to Warhammer every three months, rather than every other month. If so, we shouldn't expect to see anything between Dwarves and the new edition.
    But it is reasonable to assume most of the resources are already been invested in the wood elves. So no reason to hold much longer then they already have. I still hope for a May release.

Chapter-Master

Well, yes you'd assume they are ready to go. It all depends on whether there is in fact a new edition coming soon and whether the rules have been written for it or current edition. Either way, there should be some Warhammer in May.

This seems to be already the case,

I think it's pre-edition lull.

When 8th Ed came out, 40k barely got a look in. We got a *lot* of books in that short time. From memory, only Bretts, Stick Pixies, Beasties and Skaven to go.

Beasties and Skaven were done just prior to 8th Ed, so arguably just Bretts and Stick Pixies.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

its not a pre edition lull its more the weekly release system picking up speed.
    Wood elves are from iv been told may. new edition is june/july and the entire history of fantasy is moving forwards. sigmars blood was just the tip of the iceberg because that is new events in fantasy.

Chapter-Master

I believe so. I can't see either of them being done before 9th, even if it lands in June rather than May. Especially if the rumoured big changes actually happen.

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast