BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Is it me or is 100pts more then the current tree man for +1 WS/BS/A, +2 LD, a random and not very useful shooting attack, and a couple random USR like frenzy/Hatred. (Hopefully Blessings of the Ancients is something worthwhile) Those small changes Offset by an reduction in ward save! (WTF, Hellpits get 4+ regen, and a treeman that cost quite a lot more get a 6+ ward, seriously) Still I2, so already have a nice inbuilt mechanic by which everyone army (almost) can just drop a treeman with pit of shades, or cannon balls which is only gets a 6+ save against the latter. I hope this is not a sign of what is to come in the book. Or else it might just be another book to put on the shelves for 10 years.

Chapter-Master

OMG! FFlirglurgbhakh! Awesomeness! I need everything, now! Good to see the Forest Spirit Ward Save is permanent, though looks like a drop down to 6+ now. Durthu gets 2D6 killing blow attacks!? Well, that's pretty sweet.
    Last edited by Wildeybeast; 04-21-2014 at 06:11 PM.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote81 View Post
    Is it me or is 100pts more then the current tree man for +1 WS/BS/A, +2 LD, a random and not very useful shooting attack, and a couple random USR like frenzy/Hatred. (Hopefully Blessings of the Ancients is something worthwhile) Those small changes Offset by an reduction in ward save! (WTF, Hellpits get 4+ regen, and a treeman that cost quite a lot more get a 6+ ward, seriously) Still I2, so already have a nice inbuilt mechanic by which everyone army (almost) can just drop a treeman with pit of shades, or cannon balls which is only gets a 6+ save against the latter. I hope this is not a sign of what is to come in the book. Or else it might just be another book to put on the shelves for 10 years.
    I wouldn't get too worked up about it. We don't have the full picture yet on all of his rules,

It is possible he is a little over-costed, but we can't tell until we see the full ruleset for him as some things aren't covered or are incomplete (we don't know the range of the shooting attack). If he is overcosted, I wouldn't put it more than 25-30 points off though. He offers far more to the Wood Elf army than an HPA offers to a Skaven army and he's consistent about it as well. HPAs are horribly reliant on good dice rolls (like all things Skaven).

Noa, all that aside.... ZOMG!! THE TREEMAN IS AWESOME! I NEED MORE EXCLAMATION POINTS AND CAPITALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

And more...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves1.jpg 
Views:	1391 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	8380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves2.jpg 
Views:	1138 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	8381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves3.jpg 
Views:	1100 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	8382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves4.jpg 
Views:	1076 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	8383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves6.jpg 
Views:	1130 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	8384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves7.jpg 
Views:	1165 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	8385

sorry for the small sizes.. I found these hanging out on Imgur and that's all they had for size and resolution.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

Treeman is nice but doubt i'd buy one

Treemen were undercosted.
    Also, shush.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I want to see better pictures and different paintjobs on the treemen because at the moment it looks like someone vomited all over an emaciated giant.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

The shadow dancer looks like the old war dancer lord just in plastic. Bit I'm so happy for new wood elves it may encourage me to actually play fantasy if my army is usable.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    And more...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves1.jpg 
Views:	1391 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	8380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves2.jpg 
Views:	1138 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	8381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves3.jpg 
Views:	1100 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	8382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves4.jpg 
Views:	1076 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	8383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves6.jpg 
Views:	1130 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	8384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wood Elves7.jpg 
Views:	1165 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	8385

sorry for the small sizes.. I found these hanging out on Imgur and that's all they had for size and resolution.
    The first photo clearly shows another new kit (shadowdancer photo).

Yay, GW remembered women exist.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast