BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

So GW is only going to release 3 kits for an army? Here I thought they would re-release all new models because it would mean that all of us WE players that have been waiting for this release for years would rush to buy them. I can see there just being 3 combo kits, but this doesn't add up unless it's just what is being released in the first two weeks.

Chapter-Master

If they are combo kits, then technically it is six units, but I agree with your sentiment. It is a poor release wave, especially considering how many kits wood elves have that need updating. We can only hope there will be another wave of models coming in a few months. After all, Dark elves needed a big influx of new kits and they got two months of releases, so I can see GW doing the same for wood elves. Plus, the weekly release means they can shove a kit or two in a slow month for something else.

Edit: Maybe when the new edition gets released? That's basically one week, two if they have the new boxed game ready. They need something else to fill the rest of that month.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Initiate

Just out on Faeit:

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
    Upcoming white dwarf is dedicated to a new hobby kit from GW. The kit will come in at $150 US and has a file, clippers, modeling knife, moulding line knife, hand drill and comes in a special foldout canvas case.

The rest of the dwarf features an extended Hobbit battle report where they cover all of the battle scenarios from an unexpected journey.

What I found most interesting was the tag line for White Dwarf #13:
    If you go out to the woods today... ...you'll be in for a big surprise.

Veteran-Sergeant

Still no news on whether those rumours about Eternal Guard and the tiny release are true... Desperately hope they're false but probs not. Might have to start a Dark Elf army!

Veteran-Sergeant

Some really nice artwork for the rumored wood elves. It has some nice clues for the direction the wood elves are heading (stag knights).

[URL="http://daarken.com/blog/2014/04/02/new-art-fo-yo-face/"]http://daarken.com/blog/2014/04/02/new-art-fo-yo-face/[/URL]

Load of cobblers if you ask me.

Models are skirmish so in more dynamic designs - WRONG! Skirmish is now a loose formation, which tightens up once in combat. Base to base. This limits the dynamics in the same way as other stuff.

Hawk to Owl - Really? Really really? Pretty significantly different.

More than happy this is someone using Faeit to spread nonsense once again.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Would it kill them to include some female elves in the artwork, I mean WE even have the advantage of having them in the bloody model range more than most other WFB armies.><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Stag Knights and a new Orion model would be niiiiice. Orion looks awesome in that artwork but the model is janky as hell.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    [URL="http://daarken.com/blog/2014/04/02/new-art-fo-yo-face/"]Art and Cookies by Daarken[/URL]

Attachment 8261
    Games Workshop already forced the artist to remove the photo from his website. If this is not an indication of an upcoming wood elf release I would be suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    Stag Knights and a new Orion model would be niiiiice. Orion looks awesome in that artwork but the model is janky as hell.
    The Lord on Stag is one of my favorite models in the current line. Having Wood Elf Stag Riders as a Monstrous Cavalry entry would be awesome. Heck, depending on how the book plays Stag Cavalry would be enough to draw me into Wood Elves (always wanted to start, but never liked the rules for the army).

Eh, forget Orion. I want Ariel back!
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast