BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

I'd be really pissed off if Ariel was reduced in size while Orion remains MC.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

If they do a Maiden Guard unit she'll probably cease to be a monster but stay on a 40mm so she can rank into it.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Not sure she has a maiden guard type unit in the lore? REgardless, reduce Orion in size and give him the unit an let Ariel stay a MC crushing all the things.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    Because both Orion and Ariel would be monstrous infantry or straight-out monsters. Clamshell packs are one thing. I can't remember the last time they came out with a plastic kit for a special character that wasn't combined with something else (Durthu being a prime example of special character combined with plastic kit). Since Ariel and Orion are unique in their appearances I doubt we will ever see them in plastic since they really don't share an aesthetic with anything else in the WE army.
    This was exactly what I was driving at. I can't remember the last time a SC was released that wasn't a single infantry clamp pack kit or part of a combi unit kit. Whether it's for cost reasons, manufacturing issues or simply some sort of ethos in the design team, SC's larger than infantry aren't being made unless they can be combined with something else.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

Thinking about it as a flying monster/caster she'd fit the army far better than a unit joiner.
    As for orion, him and his dogs for me means he should drop to MI.
    No way you could do both in one box though.
    So the question is would GW give us 2 clam-pack monsters?

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about it as a flying monster/caster she'd fit the army far better than a unit joiner.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Clearly I need to get myself a copy of the 4th Edition army book. I always just assumed she was on a 50mm base because she had a pair of giant metal wings and would have constantly fallen over without the added 30mm of stability.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No. No they won't. I almost certain we won't get an Orion model, simply because one already exists. Ariel doesn't currently have a model. I really hope someone can get their hands on the book early and tell us whether she is in there.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jonathan Roy View Post
    Did anyone else notice the "green horses" on the 6th image of the White Dwarf magazine???

Are the WE horses possibly ethereal???, It's on the page with the Shadowdancer model.
    Would be the only logical explanation for green horses. Even in fantasy terms green horses are crazy. Not that I really care if there are good stag riders. I always wanted stag riders when I saw thrandruil on his stag in the hobbit opening scene.

Chapter-Master

So, that sample of the eArmy Book has pictures of the current Warhawk rider models in. Given the Dark Elf book was updated with pictures of all the new models, even when they weren't released for another month, it seems safe to assume there will be no new Warhawks any time soon. Which is very lame. I'm starting to worry that this half-arsed update is a consequence of the bean counters scaling back the investment in fantasy.

Librarian

I for one hope we get a new sculpt for the sisters they were my favourite characters and the most interesting imo but the model was so poor I never got one.

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast