BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    It's more me hoping they won't than anything else. Books done just before a new edition are invariably not effectively balanced for it, despite what people say. Anyone who doubts me should pick up the skaven army book and it's accompanying ten page FAQ to see what I mean. It would be just wood elves luck to wait bloody ages for a new book and then get one that is out of date before the ink is even dry on it.
    Yeah BUT the jump from 7th to 8th was a big one almost as big as the 5th to 6th jump, that why so much errata was needed. much like you I'll wager the next edition won't be anywhere near the shock the last jump was contrary the bunk rumours we've been hearing.
    the books will be fine no mater when they are written.

Dunno. Nothing too specific. The background moving on for one. Armies being merged into one book. Making all army books obsolete in a Ravening Hordes style. Lots of stuff I don't give much credence to.
    All of which sound like nonsense and smell like another steaming pile of steaming BS dumped on us by Stickmonkey or one of the rumour communities other pranksters.

My educated guess based on what we've seen both in 40K and in the digital stuff and supplements is Alies, Fortifications and a closer integration of Binding Scrolls.

Fly Lord

[URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/04/wood-elf-release-and-its-details.html#more"]via Faeit:[/URL]

Wood Elves are out in May. They get only a two week release - armybook, magic cards and three plastic kits. It is not a total overhaul and their finecast kits - even the cavalry plastic-finecast-kits - stay valid. The only exception is the eternal guard. They are dropped completely. The models can be used as war dancers.

One of the new kits is special because it can be used for several different units. You can build either three hawk riders, which are one hawk and two surfers now, or three giant owl-like monsters called stonefeathers and six waywatchers. On top of that you can build a hero on hawk or on foot.

The second kit is a war dancer combokit. The second unit wears varying animal masks and shields made of pelt on wooden frames. They have animal claws as weapons.

The last kit is tree ancient and meadow hag. The former is a giant-sized tree man with a huge beard made of bark. The latter has a crown of leaves and she has a skirt of roots instead of legs. Her hands grow into a web of thorns.

The rest of the range stays as it is, the finecast kits probably mail order only.

The wood elves have very dynamic poses because almost all their units are skirmishers again and the sculptors didn't have to worry about spacing. Skirmishers work seamlessly with other regiments in 9th edition, so there will be no problem with this play style.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

So likely skirmishers will negate steadfast, maybe even get rank bonuses.

Sounds awesome.

Chapter-Master

They sound very too specific to be made up gumph. They sound pretty awesome, but I'm concerned about the lack of replacement of old crappy stuff. No new freemen or tree kin sculpts or wild riders. Either there is another new wave coming in a few months or they've done a half arsed job.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Battle-Brother

as a man with a winter wood elf list and 40 eternal guard i hope this is bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    So likely skirmishers will negate steadfast, maybe even get rank bonuses.

Sounds awesome.
    I don't think you can glean anything about Rules from which model kits are coming out. It's just as possible that the Wood Elves will lose skirmish on most units than it is that skirmishers will negate steadfast or gain rank bonuses.

Overall, unless there are unannounced units I can't help but feel Wood Elves are receiving the shaft. Here's hoping that the models they do get are AWESOME and the actual rules for them are as well. I really want Wood Elves to be a viable army again as I'm tired of trashing my good friend's WE almost every week (I'll give him credit, he at least keeps trying).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Librarian

I love elves in almost all their forms ( except you dark elves with your strange kinkyness ). I wanted to do a wood elf army but from the sounds of that its been given the meh treatment. Very disappointed if this is true.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Veteran-Sergeant

Really, really unhappy with those rumours. Eternal Guard are the lynchpin of my army (big blob with the razor standard and a Noble to give them Stubborn works surprisingly well) and the lack of updates for the old metal models is incredibly annoying. If GW continue to give Wood Elves (and Fantasy in general) this sort of half-assed treatment then I'm probably going to stick to 40k. I mean, 3 plastic dual-kits for weird sounding units (owl riders? What?) and a book that'll probably need a Skaven-style FAQ to work in 9th ed? Weak sauce.

I usually give GW a lot of leeway but if these rumours pan out, that's just an awful way to treat your own product-line.

They sound very too specific to be made up gumph.
    I've seen some really specific made up tosh in my day so I'll wait and see.

See if they pull this sort of nonsense for Bretonnians...

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast