BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

That character in the first photo is the wardancer lord.

looks like they've been renamed
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Yep, that is one hundred percent the existing war dancer model. Don't forget, WD has a habit of putting existing kits in alongside new ones in a 'hey, you can also get is cool stuff for your army as well' style.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Yep, that is one hundred percent the existing war dancer model. Don't forget, WD has a habit of putting existing kits in alongside new ones in a 'hey, you can also get is cool stuff for your army as well' style.
    Luckily the old wood elf stuff looks still good. The colours so far used are a little to bright for my liking.

Chapter-Master

Judging by that Wood Elf character (the actual Wood Elf, not the Treeman) and their rules, it looks like the Woodies aren't getting a "prowess" of some sort? I read somewhere that their hand weapons are getting the Fight in Extra Ranks special rule, and maybe Armour Piercing, but nothing aside from that. Interesting.

The models look very nice though.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

That could be justified lore-wise, the prowess rules for the other elves represent their discipline and militarism, the Wood Elves have a very different culture.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I read somewhere that their hand weapons are getting the Fight in Extra Ranks special rule, and maybe Armour Piercing, but nothing aside from that. Interesting.
    Check out Araloth's rules again. The hand weapon is nothing special but the spear - which is just called "Asrai Spear," implying it's not a unique or magic weapon and all the spears employed by the Wood Elves will be the same - is Armour Piercing along with the usual Fight in Extra Ranks rule you'd expect of a spear.

Wonder if I could combine Treebloke with Wraithknight to make an Exodite thing.

MY IDEA. Patented. By me. Just then. So nyeh.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

damn that treeman looks amazing, seriously resurrecting my idea of Avelorn wood elves to go with my high elves
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    OMG! FFlirglurgbhakh! Awesomeness! I need everything, now! Good to see the Forest Spirit Ward Save is permanent, though looks like a drop down to 6+ now. Durthu gets 2D6 killing blow attacks!? Well, that's pretty sweet.
    And Treewhack.

My poor Ogre Tyrant. He's gonna get knacked!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    That character in the first photo is the wardancer lord.

looks like they've been renamed

He is referring to the two units on both sides of the obvious wardancer lord.

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast