BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Yep, it's one of the last of the old school books. I for one shall be glad to be rid of it. As for the stags, it's hard to tell from the pic but they look rather deer like to me.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I think that too...

I cannot wait, going to be painting them in Autumn colours.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Fly Lord

Missed these from a couple days back:

via [URL="http://eltallerdeyila.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/reglas-de-ejercito-elfos-silvanos.html#more"]The Workshop Yila[/URL] (translated from Spanish)

Army Wide Rules:
    Always Strikes First, Hatred (Beastmen), Forest Strider, No penalty to move and shoot with bows, Bows (magical and regular) reroll 1s to hit and add +1 Strength at half range.

Wood Elf Wizards have +1 to cast lore of Athel Loren.

Wood Elves still get a free wood.

Waywatchers Wardancers and bar are unchanged at half range. Waywatchers are S4 and have Killing Blow.

War Hawks Have the old Hit and Run rule.

Eternal Guard weapons are unchanged. The spear is +1 strength.

Mantle of the Asrai grants a 6+ Ward save.

Mantle of Kurunos grants a 6+ plus Armor save.

Wild Riders gain Frenzy.

Forest Spirit rule grants units Immune to Psychology and a 6+ ward save.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Lore of Athel Loren?

Hmm. Mixed signals on that one again.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

They will for sure get a Lore of Athel Loren and neither Dark nor High Magic, everything else would be outrageously unfluffy. Wood Elvers are definitely inferior mages compared to High Elves (so no High Magic) and they are just not evil enough to use Dark Magic. It makes sense to give them their own Lore and access to the eight standard Lores. Also it is very fitting with Dark and High Elves. They all have ASF, can use the eight lores, have their own lore and get +1 to cast.

Except we've seen a WD page shot, apparently confirming they get Dark and High Magic. Which is going to be horrible in Storm of Magic.

Blow up a Loci. Then create a new one. THEN BLOW IT UP. Then create a new one. THEN BLOW IT UP!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

True, there is this WD page shot. And if they don't get the +1 to cast for either Dark or High Magic, then DE and HE would be better at their respective lores, positioning WE in-between. But still, it would be a considerable change in fluff. Back in Herohammer however, lvl 4 WE mages could use White Magic (the old high magic) whereas lvl 1-3 only had battle magic (now the 8 lores) at their disposal. Maybe it will be something like that. I would prefer a unique Lore of Athel Loren though.

Doesn't look like there's one coming, based on what we currently know.

Chapter-Master

I get the logic behind giving them the other two elf lores, but it would feel like a massive cop out not giving them a lore of Athel Loren. We already have an existing one and they live in giant magical forest that is more or less sentient - how can it not have its own lore of magic. Here's hoping!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I like the army rules.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast