BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Alpha Legion Operative

Sincerely hope this is as late as May, otherwise I'll not be finished my TK/Lizardmen in time to pick up a third army! Always wanted to give Wood Elves a go outside of BloodBowl. Lots of elven bowmen sounds great to me from an aesthetic standpoint.

I'm looking forward to it as well, I want to see how they handle Ariel in particular. Both the High Elf and Dark Elf books have given much more prominent roles and really fleshed out their respective leading women and in the case of the High Elf book confirmed the existence of female nobles and princesses. There was speculation based on some of the BL novels that the role of Ariel was going to be enhanced with some kind of nascent Elven world godess, Ariel as her avatar and Alarielle as her high priestess. Interesting to see if that goes anywhere.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm looking forward to it as well, I want to see how they handle Ariel in particular. Both the High Elf and Dark Elf books have given much more prominent roles and really fleshed out their respective leading women and in the case of the High Elf book confirmed the existence of female nobles and princesses. There was speculation based on some of the BL novels that the role of Ariel was going to be enhanced with some kind of nascent Elven world godess, Ariel as her avatar and Alarielle as her high priestess. Interesting to see if that goes anywhere.
    Have you read the Dark Elf book yet? Seems the Woodies are somewhat neutral between the Druchii and Asur these days....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

That would make more logical sense than anything else. Woodelves do have the feel of neutral good to me. It gives you 3 aspects at that point for the Elves.

I have and it makes sense. The Naggaroth is the evil twin of Ulthuan, Athel Loren is the poor country cousin. Not caught up in the sibling rivalry and too distant to get caught in the crossfire.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by KaiZie View Post
    Woodelves do have the feel of neutral good to me.
    see I view them as true neutral, they are just as likely to kill people as ignore/help them. it is one of the things I like about the wood elves, they just don't care at all about other races.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    see I view them as true neutral, they are just as likely to kill people as ignore/help them. it is one of the things I like about the wood elves, they just don't care at all about other races.
    Unless you go mucking about with their twigs and berries.

Then there's hell to pay!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Unless you go mucking about with their twigs and berries.
    hurr hurr hurr

Wood elves are still Elves and thus callous and arrogant, their manipulation of Bretonnia is a good example of this 'Hey these humans could be a valuable buffer and they are SO damned stupid, I, Ariel, shall appear before them as a goddess, grant them some favours and form a religion which will shape and control them to aid our cause as much as possible'.

It works too.

'Sir Dude, the Lady of the Lake totes had pointy ears, do you think she could be a Wood Elf?'
    'BLASPHEMY!' *burns squire at stake*

Chapter-Master

the wood elves desperately need a new stag model, the current lord on stag was clearly done by somebody who had never seen one, and they just sculpted a cow with some antlers.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast