BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Yeah, the Wardancers thing seems to be a similar to those 40k "1-click" type things. Since I know nothing of wood elves, i clicked on it thinking it might be a new plastic kit and was surprised to see it was just a collection of finecast/metal figures. Treeman figure looks pretty good, allthough not too keen on it's paint-scheme. I like that they are including named characters in these plastic kits.

Shadow dancer........IS A WIZARD!

I r intrigued.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

So, not only do we not get new shiny wardancers, we get a repackagining featuring crappy finecast and metal models and to add insult to serious injury, they aren't even available to buy at the moment. GW, that is ****ing weak.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

Yes, Games Workshop OWES us plastic Wardancers! This is a disgusting travesty and I shall be writing to my member of parliament!

Quote Originally Posted by redking View Post
    Wood Elves with axes? What will Durthu think? Maybe he will think they are stunties and smash them
    I'm pretty sure in the ravening hordes list I used to play WE's out of, Durthu had hatred to Orcs because they brought axes into the woods lol. Seeing as he too now carries a sword (I still think it looks bad ***, although maybe a crude waystone mace/hammer would have been a more fluffy alternative), I think maybe his priorities have changed.

Ps. the wardancer package appears to be more expensive than buying the models individually. If they are still as good as they use to be, I might have to check out ebay to bolster their ranks.

I have to say this is a pretty weak release in terms of models. One large kit, one plastic character, one finecast character and a repackaging. Ihope there is a lot more to come and the rules are good because if I were a WE player after waiting so long I'd be pretty pissed off.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I have to say this is a pretty weak release in terms of models. One large kit, one plastic character, one finecast character and a repackaging. Ihope there is a lot more to come and the rules are good because if I were a WE player after waiting so long I'd be pretty pissed off.
    I think its a perfectly fine release for week 1. Two new duel kits next week (stag riders/... and eternal guard/wildwood rangers). I can understand if fantasy sells are so low in comparison to 40k they don't go all out for the wood elves. I think most wood elf players are happy with a new book. The chance of a release of the dark elf size was unlikely.

Getting the first non-hobbit Finecast release for the last ten months feels like a slap in the face, I can tell you that.

Me, I'm wrestling with whether or not to procure the book this month or next?

I can stretch to it, but I'm meant to be behaving myself financially. Mind you, all bills are paid.

As for Finecast stuff - We're not talking new sculpts in Finecast. We're talking perfectly serviceable existing models now produced in a different material.

And it's units pretty much every Wood Elf player already has in abundance.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

With the Shadow Dancer, it looks like all the noise about GW abandoning Finecast hasn't played out then. As a first week release, it doesn't have a lot of a wow factor. It isn't awful, as we have the book and magic cards, a character and the treeman. It's a good amount of releases, but it lacks anything truly inspirational. The treeman is very nice, but that's about it. Here's hoping next week has a super stunning Ariel model, but I doubt we'll see her at all.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast