BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Wood elves are still Elves and thus callous and arrogant, their manipulation of Bretonnia is a good example of this 'Hey these humans could be a valuable buffer and they are SO damned stupid, I, Ariel, shall appear before them as a goddess, grant them some favours and form a religion which will shape and control them to aid our cause as much as possible'.

It works too.

'Sir Dude, the Lady of the Lake totes had pointy ears, do you think she could be a Wood Elf?'
    'BLASPHEMY!' *burns squire at stake*
    to be fair, seeing as the lady appears to them, grants them protection and favours, and helps them out, is it really so stupid to pray to her?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Wood elves are still Elves and thus callous and arrogant, their manipulation of Bretonnia is a good example of this 'Hey these humans could be a valuable buffer and they are SO damned stupid, I, Ariel, shall appear before them as a goddess, grant them some favours and form a religion which will shape and control them to aid our cause as much as possible'.

It works too.

'Sir Dude, the Lady of the Lake totes had pointy ears, do you think she could be a Wood Elf?'
    'BLASPHEMY!' *burns squire at stake*
    Must resist urge to model Sir Dude and Blokey the Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    to be fair, seeing as the lady appears to them, grants them protection and favours, and helps them out, is it really so stupid to pray to her?
    Nope, but that's the point, really clever piece of manipulation and so brazen and arrogant. Almost worth collecting Wood Elves for but I hate painting woodsy colours. It's such a beech. #wit
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiZie View Post
    Must resist urge to model Sir Dude and Blokey the Squire
    Resistance is futile.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

yeah I had a wood elf army previously but they just don't suit my painting style at all, I couldn't find a colour scheme I liked. might try again though if they get awesome new models and a good book. which they will. damn.

I had perfected my Autumn color scheme for Wood Elves and was very pleased with them, so excited to paint a full army. I played one game with them using High Elves models and it was so annoying from a game-play standpoint that I never used them again. I hope they even out the new book to have more variation in viable composition, because the old book is so out of touch with the current rule set. I have hope after seeing what the High Elf and Dark Elf releases were like.

With thinking about how old the range is (most of it being Metal or Finecast still) what do you think we'll get a 2 month release like Dark Elves? I would think most of the models in the range have to be replaced.

Veteran-Sergeant

Mentioning FC, I'm glad it's being phased out, or so it seems. I think GW have finally given up the ghost on making it reliable. However I still have to buy FC Bolt Throwers for my Dark Elves unless anyone knows of a good plastic conversion equivalent

Chaplain

I would love to see some plastic eternal guard, although I am a little afraid of what they might cost!

Chapter-Master

I could well see eternal guard being a combo box with a new unit.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiZie View Post
    However I still have to buy FC Bolt Throwers for my Dark Elves unless anyone knows of a good plastic conversion equivalent
    The Bolt-thrower from the high elf eagle chariot's pretty cheap on bits sites; two of them, vertical and side-by-side would be a good start to making a plastic DE bolt-thrower (and cheaper).

Edit: [URL="http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_47_733&osCsid=j3a7rbeatgj32ucl1 ffghjidn3"]Linky[/URL]

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast