BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

I find it sad that the Dwarf and Wood Elves rumor roundups went up at the same time.

This one has 30 replies and the Stunties have one.

Tough crowd
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Veteran-Sergeant

What can I say!? Woodelves are gorgeous models...dwarfs are...well, a shorter version of me with more impressive beards

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by KaiZie View Post
    What can I say!? Woodelves are gorgeous models...dwarfs are...well, a shorter version of me with more impressive beards
    Yes this pretty much sums it up. Dwarf range is absolute terrible with only a few "decent" minis. While wood elves got a really nice core and overall miniatures. However the wood side of the wood elves (treeman,treekin) are bad.

Chapter-Master

I think the dwarfs have really nice models personally, look forward to lots of plastic
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I like the stunty background, but the army has never really interested me. This is largely due to the sort of player who considers simply packing in as much artillery on a hill, and surrounding it with ranged troops, reducing my entire strategy to 'Steg it across the board as fast as I can and hope I have enough troops left to deal with his lone' to be the height of tactical genius, as opposed to yet another exercise in banality.

Which is all the more shameful given the stunty prowess and discipline in combat , which outside of a Hammer bunker and occasional Ironbreakers unit is routinely ignored.

Plus, Stick Pixies need more work due to the changes made to skirmishers in 8th Edition. I'm really interested to see what they've done!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 10-09-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

WElves need it more.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    WElves need it more.
    Well tournament wise I agree. However for the average hobbyist/gamer I would go as far that dwarves are worse then wood elves. The models are more outdated then wood elves. In the end the point of warhammer is to have fun and thats hard with dwarves.

Brother-Captain

Depends on your idea of fun. I have to admit that there is a certain sense of satisfaction in levelling the other half of the board in a withering hail of shot, lobbed rocks and cannonballs.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Iron Father

I think I can identify more with the Dwarfs. I wonder what "big" kit they will get ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

yes the idea of which needs it more is really too subjective. personally I feel the bretonnians need it most. I think the army book is great, but the FAQ kills it. the dwarfs have some solid models and solid rules, a few tweaks like making organ guns roll to hit, changing the way the anvil of doom works, there wont be huge changes. Wood elves have beautiful models but need some more plastics, and need point reductions across the board. I could see big drops for wardancers and waywatchers in particular. the dwarf big kit I am hoping is some sort of death roller like the blood bowl one
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast