BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I think I can identify more with the Dwarfs. I wonder what "big" kit they will get ?
    I was a Dirigi-Dwarf, or a Gyro-Blimp

Chapter-Master

Am I the only person wondering what a 'millennium cash flow' is? Sounds like an GW in house term for their latest super kit to me.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Cliff Richard and Robbie Williams both had one.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

That they did. GW releasing tie in albums then?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chaplain

The two things I'd really like to see return are

Ariel and Durthu,

I had a read of the old 5th ed book, the description for Ariel is pretty awesome, she's like the old school C'tan.
    Durthu, well Durthu because Durthu, treeman ancient (though hoping sprits do not go the way of the Lizardman spawnings).

Just hoping there's rules as a minimum for Ariel...model or no model from GW isn't going to be a problem for me.
    Every saint has a past, every sinner, a future.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Build View Post
    The two things I'd really like to see return are

Ariel and Durthu,

I had a read of the old 5th ed book, the description for Ariel is pretty awesome, she's like the old school C'tan.
    Durthu, well Durthu because Durthu, treeman ancient (though hoping sprits do not go the way of the Lizardman spawnings).

Just hoping there's rules as a minimum for Ariel...model or no model from GW isn't going to be a problem for me.
    I think it would be a good thing for the return of these two. The 6th edition wood elf book is much more interesting then 7th. Hope the wood elves get a more savage approach with an ambush style mechanic.

Fly Lord

OP updated

May Release
    The final army book of 8th Edition
    New Glade Guard
    New Way Watchers
    New War Dancers
    New Dryads
    New Treemen
    New War Eagles
    New units...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

Could be very interesting if this hits around the time of the rumoured replacement of finecast with all plastics. Will the Woodies be the first army to get all their characters models made in plastic? Will this mean all new plastic models for the existing characters?

Chapter-Master

See, I can't help but be sceptical of that list. It's not exactly insightful as nearly everything on there is ether finecast or worse still, metal, and therefore obvious candidates for new units. Dryads are one of the nicest plastic units out there, so there is no need to replace them. Glade guard I could see, if they were going down the DE route of combining them with other units. I also note that Eternal Guard are conspicuous by their absence. As the one ranked up combat unit WE have, they surely have to get a plastic kit.

I'm also concerned about being the last book of 8th, meaning we get the 'sort of ready for the new edition but not quite and needing 15 pages of FAQ's to sort out in the new edition (looking at you Skaven)' status that relegates them to the bottom of the pile for 9th. Still, with the state they are in at the moment I don't see how things can get any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I'm also concerned about being the last book of 8th, meaning we get the 'sort of ready for the new edition but not quite and needing 15 pages of FAQ's to sort out in the new edition (looking at you Skaven)' status that relegates them to the bottom of the pile for 9th. Still, with the state they are in at the moment I don't see how things can get any worse.
    The FAQ is voluminous, that much is certainly true but... to be fair Skaven are hardly bottom tier. I don't know that that is an apt comparison for your worries.

I do find it odd that dryads are on the list. Also conspicuously missing are treekin. I'm assuming war eagles are Warhawk riders?
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast