BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default "40k Approved" Necrons

Before I place an order for a couple of expensive books -

Does the new GW Apocalypse hardback cover these models:

* Tesseract Ark
    * Sentry Pylon
    * Night Shroud Bomber

I understand Imperial Armour 12 contains the new Supplement list Necrons list (Flayed Ones as Troops) and new units, but would prefer not to have to order it from Forgeworld if I can get the same information from the Apoc book carried by my local shop.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

First-Captain

Ark and Pylon are in, Nightshroud isn't
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Thank you. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet, order IA 12 and await the long delivery time.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Actually, the answer is "no" to all three.

Apocalypse contains only the Tesseract Vault (the super-heavy C'tan-prison Monolith), not the Tesseract Ark (the singularity-powered gun carriage).

It doesn't contain either kind of Pylon. War Zone: Damnos has rules for the super-heavy kind but they're very different to those found in IA12 or IAA, for no particular reason.

Tyrendian might have been thinking of Imperial Armour Apocalypse, which has rules for Tesseract Arks and Sentry Pylons but not for the Nightshroud.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Actually, the answer is "no" to all three.

Apocalypse contains only the Tesseract Vault (the super-heavy C'tan-prison Monolith), not the Tesseract Ark (the singularity-powered gun carriage).

It doesn't contain either kind of Pylon. War Zone: Damnos has rules for the super-heavy kind but they're very different to those found in IA12 or IAA, for no particular reason.

Tyrendian might have been thinking of Imperial Armour Apocalypse, which has rules for Tesseract Arks and Sentry Pylons but not for the Nightshroud.
    whoops yeah sorry... my bad...
    on the plus side though, Fall of Orpheus is (like all IA story books) an incredibly awesome piece of work - really worth what you pay for it!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans