Had two games of 40k this weekend, both on Sunday and against the same opponent.

First game was planetstrike, which I got totally mauled. A very hard setup on the board was downfall along with rolling several 1’s for the deep strike mishap table. I think out of the units which did deep strike I had actually three which landed on the table out of a possible six, so lost half my numbers. The other four units, which were two defilers and two chaos dreadnoughts were stuck among difficult and dangerous terrain – the only way for them to make it onto the board . Turn 3 the slaughter was put to a end with my opponent controlling on objective and me none.

Seems we had rapidly gone through the previous game we decided to have a second small point game. Would I even the odds and get vengeance?

btw – both lists are just over 1,000 points as mine came to 1015 and my opponent made his to match mine.

I played Iron Warriors in both games

Iron Warriors

HQ

1 x Daemon Prince – wings, mark of nurgle & warptime

1 x Daemon Prince – wings, mark of nurgle & warptime

Troops

10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino – 2 x meltaguns – champ w/ power fist

10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino – 2 x meltaguns

10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino – 2 x plasma guns

Imperial Guard

HQ

1 x Company Command Squad – 4 x plasma guns

1 x Company Command Squad – 4 x plasma guns

Troops

10 x Veterans w/ Chimera – 3 x plasma guns

All Chimeras have hull mounted heavy flamers

Fast Attack

1 x Vendetta

Heavy Support

1 x Leman Russ Battle Tank

Game

Dawn of War & seize objectives – 5 objectives in total

Turn 1

Iron Warriors rolled to go first and deployed one Daemon Prince and a unit of chaos marines with meltaguns inside a rhino. The D.P was positioned out of LOS behind a ruin and close to a objective, the rhino was deployed within a ruin between the bunker objective and the objective near the D.P.

Guard deployed one CCS in a ruin close to the centre objective, one unit of Veterans was deployed in a Chimera.

Daemon Prince flies to the centre of the board, rhino becomes immobilised in terrain! Iron Warriors bail out and support the prince.

The Veterans’ Chimera moves 12” and spins around to the rear hatch can target the D.P. Vets gun down the Prince with plasma guns, but it survives with one wound!

Turn 2

Everything else now enters the board.

Two Rhinos enter, one moves towards the bunker objective and pops smoke. The other Rhino moves towards the plasma gun vets and pops smoke too. The other Daemon Prince hides behind a ruin out of sight close to the Rhino heading towards the plasma vets. The battered Prince also casts warptime psychic power. The Chaos Marines on foot move through cover towards the centre “tower” objective.

In the shooting phase the I.W’s on foot fire two meltas into the plasma vets chimera, scoring a immobilised result. The immobilised Rhino fires one shot from the twin-linked bolter at the CCS in the ruin but doesn’t score a kill.

In assault the D.P which cast warptime, and which got shot up by plasma assaults the plasma vets, kills four and destroys them in sweeping advance after they fail morale

In the Guard movement phase the Vendetta moves 6” and draws LOS to the battered Daemon Prince. Leman Russ targets the Chaos Marines on foot, the other two Chimeras come on, one moves forward 6”. The CCS in the ruin hold position.

In the shooting phase the immobilised Chimera fires at the prince, but does no damage. The Vendetta fires at the battered Prince but misses. The plasma Veterans in the Chimera which moves 6” bail out and fire plasma at the Prince killing it off. The Leman Russ fires and kills four Iron Warriors in the centre objective.

Turn 3

Surviving Daemon Prince moves forward and casts warp time. Squad in the Rhino supporting the Prince move 12”. The other Rhino by the bunker objective moves onto the bunker, but is immobilised in the process. The unit which got shot up by the Leman Russ moves through cover and claims the objective at the top of the tower, so far two objectives belong to the Iron Warriors!

In the shooting phase the Iron Warrior squad claiming the centre objective fire into the ruin opposite at the CCS, and score one kill.

In assault the Daemon Prince assaults the immobilised Chimera from the previous round and pops it.

The CCS in the ruin opposite the Iron Warriors hold position ready to return fire. The Leman Russ moves 6” forward. The Vendetta moves 6” and drops off the other CCS by a lower ground objective. The plasma veterans in the Chimera at the back of the board hold position, while the other unit bails out ready to fry another Daemon Prince.

CCS in the ruin fire back at the I.W’s on the objective along with the Leman Russ, between them score three kills. The Vendetta fires at the Rhino supporting the Daemon Princes and scores crew shaken and stunned results. The plasma veteran unit bails out and unleashes plasma on the Daemon Prince, though one rolls a one for gets hot and fails its armour save. The Prince survives the barrage of plasma with two wounds remaining.

Turn 4

I.W’s on the centre ruin move around a bit and ready to aim at the Leman Russ. Squad in the crew shaken Rhino bail out and move through terrain towards the rear of the plasma Veterans Chimera, the Daemon Prince moves through terrain and flows them, and also casts warptime.

In the shooting phase the plasma guns from the Iron Warriors on the bunker objective fire at the side armour of the Leman Russ but score no damage. Iron Warriors on the centre objective fire at the Chimera the plasma vets bailed out, they can see the side armour and pop it, three guardsmen are killed in the blast. Iron Warriors in terrain fire at other CCS on the lower objective through a large hole in the ruin, three members of the CCS unit can be seen so no cover saves. The entire squad, except the Commander is gunned down with rapid fire. The CCS passes morale after losing a lot more than 25% of the unit.

In assault the Daemon Prince charges the plasma veterans, kills three and destroys them in sweeping advance.

The last Guard Chimera moves in 6”. The CCS move through terrain to the lower level and the Leman Russ moves forward more into the main action. The other CCS holds position and targets the Daemon Prince through a opening in the ruin. The Vendetta also holds position.

The Leman Russ fires at the Iron Warriors in cover, but it scatters and misses. Everything what can fires at the Daemon Prince, but it survives with one wound remaining.

Turn 5

Daemon Prince takes dangerous terrain test as moving through cover, passes ok and heads towards the Vendetta, also casts warptime ok. Iron Warriors in terrain hold position and are ready to gun down the CCS in the ruin opposite the objective ruin, where the other I.W squad is.

Plasma Chaos Marines aim for side armour of Leman Russ again but only roll two threes for armour penetration, so no good. Iron Warriors in terrain fire across to the CCS along with the meltagun Iron Warriors on the centre objective and kill the all.

Daemon Prince attacks the Vendetta but just scores crew shaken, crew stunned and immobilised.

The last Commander hold position on the lower objective, contesting it as the Iron Warriors in terrain are within 3”. The last Chimera moves forward 6” towards the Iron Warriors on the centre objective.

In the shooting phase the Daemon Prince is killed, I cannot remember what killed it. Leman Russ fires at the Iron Warriors on the objective along with the plasma Veterans in the Chimera, the Chimera also unleashes its heavy flamer. The three Chaos Marines still survive.

Iron Warriors win claiming two objectives and contesting one.

If the game would have gone on another turn I probably would have gunned down that Commander and claimed the other objective, popped the last Chimera with my meltas and the plasma Iron Warriors hopefully would at least killed two with long range shots. Shame the Prince got killed, I really wanted to knock out the Vendetta