Views:	359 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	5270

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ravana13.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	5271

A development of the Riptide, the the Tau XV107 R’varna battlesuit sacrifices mobility for heavier armour and increased firepower in the form of two pulse submunition cannon, experimental weapons systems which fire micro-cluster projectiles capable of saturating the target area in a deadly storm of plasma pulses.

The stoic Earth caste of Ke'lshan was almost forced to abandon its plans for developing the R'varna battlesuit due to the monumental cost of these new war engines. Instead Fio'O Ke'lshan Sho'Aun turned to the Ethereal Council's demands for improved stealth and infiltration units, appropriating resources intended for this project to create the initial prototype units under the guise of creating a new Stealth Suit. Renewed Tyranid attacks against the beleaguered sept world of Ke'lshan were to reveal O'Sho'aun's deception to the Council, as the trio of prototype units held back the savage host of organic nightmares that threatened to engulf the Sept's primary city.

TAU XV107 R'VARNA BATTLESUIT £70.00
    [url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/TAU_XV107_R_VARNA_BATTLESUIT.html]And here it is[/url].

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/R/Rvarna.pdf"]Experimental rules here[/URL]
    Last edited by Bigred; 10-11-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: latest info
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

They have also launched a new bunch of bundle deals including some rather good Death Korps of Krieg bundles.

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Forge__World_Bundles"]Forge World Bundles[/URL]
    Last edited by Brakkart; 10-11-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Holy fething gak that thing is terrifying. As a tyranid player, the guns on that sucker scare me a lot...and if he uses his nova reactor, he can fire both guns twice. And if all that wasn't bad enough, it doesn't compete with other riptides for slots

Admittedly this kind of makes me want to play tau

I wonder if the PULSE canon benefits from the Storm of Fire rule and gets 2 shots at half range from an Ethereal :-)

Still going over the rest of the rules.

NERDGASM!!!!

Is ... that a Riptide next to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Is ... that a Riptide next to it?
    No, it's an XV9..........unfortunately.

£70 for a Tau Titan would be amazeballs :-)

It's a Riptide plus conversion kit... so no, that's not a Riptide next to it. It is, itself, Riptide-sized.

I wish the pulse submunition rifles were even half as good as pulse submunition cannon... also that FW would actually release an XV9 with pulse submunition rifles instead of needing to ruin a perfectly good Shas'o R'alai to get one...
    Last edited by Houghten; 10-11-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

I haven't played against 6th ed Tau yet - on paper these rules make it look ******* hard to kill and with an adaptable gun that doesn't require changing ammo type. OOUCH

Hey look more overpowered Tau horray!

Less points than a Wraithknight for 5x better unit.

Glad I started a Tau army a few months back, this thing is nice

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast