BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default New Grey Knight's Player.

Hey there so I'm a new Grey Knights player and also a new player entirely! Looking for some Grey Knights example lists, I'd rather fluff over competitivness If it helps,

I currently have:

Captain
    Librarian
    Terminators x5
    Grey Knights x10
    Dread Knight
    Rhino

Just wondering where to take my force from here to get a decent list? I'd like tun at least 10 terminators and 10 Grey Knights along with the Librarian and Captains for the narrative of my force,

cheers for any help you guys can provide

Quote Originally Posted by xbenblasterx View Post
    Hey there so I'm a new Grey Knights player and also a new player entirely! Looking for some Grey Knights example lists, I'd rather fluff over competitivness If it helps,

I currently have:

Captain
    Librarian
    Terminators x5
    Grey Knights x10
    Dread Knight
    Rhino

Just wondering where to take my force from here to get a decent list? I'd like tun at least 10 terminators and 10 Grey Knights along with the Librarian and Captains for the narrative of my force,

cheers for any help you guys can provide

Nice! I've just started a GK army too. If I were you, here's the list I would use. Baring in mind, using the captain/librarian as Draigo, and the terminators as paladins

HQ:
    Draigo

Troops:
    1 Paladin, master crafted halberd
    1 Paladin, master crafted halberd
    2 Paladin, master crafted halberd, master crafted daemon hammer
    1 Paladin, master crafted hammer
    5 strike knights, psycannon, razorback w/heavy bolter, psybolt ammunition
    5 strike knights, psycannon, razorback w/heavy bolter, psybolt ammunition

Heavy support:
    dreadknight, w/personal teleporter, greatsword, incinerator

All in all comes to just under 1,200 points.

If you wanted to extend it, I'd bulk up the paladin squads, add another couple of razorback strike knight squads. Or even consolidate them into two ten-man strike knight squads in rhinos, with double psycannons each.

You'd want to teleport the paladins in onto objectives while the strike knights and dreadknight do the main work of taking the enemy apart.

If playing Draigo and Paladins I would rather see a large unit of 10 to accompany Draigo in addition to the 5-man Strike Squads and 2-3 single paladins. This obviously will push up your points to 1850/2k but it is the easiest and quickest way to make a playable GK army at those points levels.