BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Comfort Food Thread.

Also the top secret headquarters of the fledgling Bell of Lost Souls League of Fatties.

I myself count myself as a fattie. I may not have the girth, but I have the appetite!

And these thoughts got my mind turned to comfort foods. For some, it's a memory of a cherished holiday. For me? Absolutely 100% Granny Allan and Granny Robinsons' cooking (respective sides of my family, not some bizarre liberal set up intended to irk the Daily Mail).

Granny Robinson? Fish and Chips. Man she knows how to fry good fish, and I'm happy to say she's passed the recipe on to my brother and I. White fish fillet, seasoned flour dredge, dip in a beaten egg, then coat in Paxo golden breadcrumbs. Shallow Fry until done. Absolutely beautiful! I do my own chips from scratch. Granny Robinson deep fries oven chips (goodbye arteries, hello tasty!)

Granny Allan? Baking, baking, more baking, and Scottish Mutton Pie with baked beans and pickled beetroot. Absolutely glorious! She's been gone around 22 years now, but I still miss her and her baking/cooking (I know, sappy, but screw you. She's my Granny!)

How about you?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Apple and Blackberry crumble.
    My being a fattie has a lot to do with a sugar addiction and the rest to do with a love of cooking huge puddings.
    I make a mean crumble.

Oh and epic sandwiches.
    Last edited by Kaptain Badrukk; 10-15-2013 at 04:18 AM.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Chapter-Master

Toast. Beer.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Toast. Beer.
    Beertoast?
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Toast. Beer.
    What kind of Beer? And what's on the Toast??? WE MUST KNOW!

Also, in general, never underestimate tasty soups. Man I love soup. Especially Heinz soup. It's something I could make myself, but to be honest, when ASDA are doing tins of Heinz for 50p, why bother
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I second Toast.

Also Yorkshire puddings and gravy

and gravy sandwhiches

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Maybe combining Bananabread beer with bananabread toast, that has to be two of your 5 a day

Top Tip Mystery, Aldi's Tomato Soup has just won a which "Best Buy" beating the Heinz offering. I was shocked and tried it myself. It is less creamy, however there is a lovely tartness that you get from proper tomato soup so I would recommend it.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Maybe combining Bananabread beer with bananabread toast, that has to be two of your 5 a day

Top Tip Mystery, Aldi's Tomato Soup has just won a which "Best Buy" beating the Heinz offering. I was shocked and tried it myself. It is less creamy, however there is a lovely tartness that you get from proper tomato soup so I would recommend it.
    Three a day if you count the Hops!

Interesting about Aldi....however, nearest one is in The Dark Place...and I ain't ever going back, you hear me, EVER!

And how does one make a gravy sandwich? I am not doubtful. I am intrigued!

Brother-Captain

Comfort food that I make myself is sandwiches. I could pretty much live on sandwiches. Absolutely love them.

Comfort food that I buy has to be Tortilla Chips and Dip. The Chips can be Chilli or Cheese flavour (or Chilli Cheese!) and the Dip has to be either Hot Salsa (Dorito's one is best) or Sour Cream and Onion/Chive.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

And how does one make a gravy sandwich? I am not doubtful. I am intrigued!

leftover gravy on plate(it's not the same with freshly made). slap slice of bread on, lift fold and eat...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast