BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    IIRC, you can't cast while in a vehicle anymore.
    You can, but you only have line of sight to things you can see. So you can't cast a shooting power unless your vehicle has ports, but you can cast powers on the vehicle or the unit inside.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    IIRC, you can't cast while in a vehicle anymore.
    No? Ratling snipers it is!
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

I have IG as my main army, but I do play space marines as well. I tend to think about what can the guard give my marines, and it tends to boil down to numbers/cheap heavy tanks. I tend do take a command squad with grenade launchers, then a platoon with 30 guardsmen, 20 conscripts, and a mortar squad (60 points for a troops unit that you can hide and sit on an objective). I tend to take a "naked" (no upgrades) Russ/demolisher. I'll only take a flyer if my Space Marines aren't taking one. It depends on points available.

Librarian

I actually just did a UAD (Ultramar Auxillia Defense) force when I did it I went for it as a way to have access to veterans sqauds which in my opinion are some of the coolest little objective holders on the planet, an IG vets squad with some special weapons Vox caster and chimera comes out to about 125, about the cost of an armed combat squad and thats for ten lil mothers

also Tricked out land raiders are cool as a choice but so is three leman russ tanks for 450 or three griffons for 225

the key to IG versus marines is numbers and special/heavy weapons.

That said I am going to be buying some valkyries soon...

I have been experimenting with a Primus psyker, 2 Vet squads with the grenadier upgrade and a pair of Lemon Russ demolishers. 660 points if my memory serves... The Psyker and the Vets hide behind an Agies Defence line with a quad gun and the Tanks support my main Land Raider based assault up the table.

I have tried them in two battles now and have been unimpressed with the vets. Next time out I will be dropping one of them and giving the other one some Plasma guns.

Long live the Baal PDF!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadian122 View Post
    I tend to take a "naked" (no upgrades) Russ/demolisher.
    Massed "naked" Russes & Demolishers are pure death. I have no shame in fielding these things, and they are mean.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    Massed "naked" Russes & Demolishers are pure death. I have no shame in fielding these things, and they are mean.
    I take the one to draw firepower from my Vindicator/Land Raider/Centurions/Terminators and if it gets ignored, then my opponent regrets it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12