BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    the unknowns are certainly the most appealing things to me. After owning all the codex books/rulebooks and fluff you find you get bored of all the established stuff and find the mysteries and untouched areas of 40k far more interesting and imagination-exciting..at least for me...
    I agree. It's the little, obscure things and the stories you have to make up yourself that really give the game it's great quality. As someone who's all for narrative gaming, and who tries to attach some sort of in-universe story (no matter how silly) to every game I play, if only for my own sake, I have to say that the unexplained, unrevealed, open-ended corners (wait, open-ended corners? ;p) of the 40K universe is the best part for me, and I basically spend most of my time there.

Now, that said, there was an interesting and tantalizing bit of Fulgrim in which Horus is tallying up the legions on his side, and he mentions that he wishes he could have "two more," but that whatever they did was unforgivable, even to him, so speculation galore.
    Last edited by ThePov; 08-02-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Chaplain

yeah, one of the baby primarchs was killed, or possibly injured/mutated by horus when he went back in time (the XI legion? i don't remember)
    i always thought the forgotten legions were removed b/c they didn't choose a side in the heresy, i don't really have evidence for this and the passage from the HH series about "two more legions" may or may not defeat this.
    the "two more legions" could be the imperial fists due to their favour w/ the emperor & the ultrasmurfs b/c gulliman was a chief rival of horus so would never join him. w/e it's just fun speculation

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by entendre_entendre View Post
    yeah, one of the baby primarchs was killed, or possibly injured/mutated by horus when he went back in time (the XI legion? i don't remember)
    i always thought the forgotten legions were removed b/c they didn't choose a side in the heresy, i don't really have evidence for this and the passage from the HH series about "two more legions" may or may not defeat this.
    the "two more legions" could be the imperial fists due to their favour w/ the emperor & the ultrasmurfs b/c gulliman was a chief rival of horus so would never join him. w/e it's just fun speculation
    Well, no, he had just counted them as amoung his enemies. The passage is about as clear as I've ever seen anyone refer to the lost legions... I wish I could remember where I put that book so I could fin the page number, but it seemed to me that Horus thought that the Lost Legions would have sided with him, had they been in a position to. I'm not quite sure if it meant they had been destroyed or exiled in some way, but it did sound like he had fought alongside them before. It was only a paragraph, at most, but it was very provacative.

Veteran-Sergeant

There was a line in one of the Sandman books about how stories get forgotten but mysteries live on forever.

I was a bit disappointed when they started writing all the Horus Heresy books and telling us exactly what happened back then. Don't get me wrong, as an Alpha Legion player I loved learning about the primarch twins and I think Horus's fall was fairly well done. But one of the things I loved about this universe was all the mystery about how things ended up this way. There were all these various rumors and stories and some of them conflicted and some didn'tand so much of it was just left up to the players.

I'd rather see another hundred vague, mysterious hints than one hard "THIS is what Cypher is doing."

Chaplain

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    sorry the question is actually supposed to be if alpharius or omegon really died
    Well one of the 2 was supposed to be killed by Roboute Guilliman but who is to say which one.
    You know the Alpha Legion all is "Air & Water, Mist & Misinformation!"

In regards to Konrad Curze he was assassanated by the Callidas Assassin M'Shen.

Regards Barry H.
    Last edited by imperialsavant; 08-02-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: miss spelling

Chaplain

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorsmercy View Post
    I Would like to know what happenedto Vulkan. Is he still out there, waiting for his artefacts to be found? or is he dead?
    According to the 40K Lexicanum Vulkan disappeared. I think it was chasing one of the Traitor Legions.

Regards Barry H.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well one of the 2 was supposed to be killed by Roboute Guilliman but who is to say which one.
    You know the Alpha Legion all is "Air & Water, Mist & Misinformation!"

Ah, would that be the facts from the completely fabricated report an Alpha Legion agent submitted to the Inquisition?

Veteran-Sergeant

in the space marine codex, it says that Vulkan is waiting for the salamanders to gather his artefacts.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorsmercy View Post
    in the space marine codex, it says that Vulkan is waiting for the salamanders to gather his artefacts.
    And in several other sources, including the HH books, he was last seen sometime in the middle of the dropsite massacre, right before the entire combined force of the Traitor legions smashed into the Salamanders. Now, I'm a big fan of the Salamanders, they were my first army and they still hold a special place in my heart, but it's kind of hard to LOSE a 10 foot tall, black skinned super-being decked out in bright green armor. It's entirely possible the whole Salamander's Cult of Nocturne thing is just wishful thinking.

Veteran-Sergeant

Or that for whatever reason the Salamanders didnt want to say that Vulkan was still alive....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast