BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Librarian

I remember that the WFB used to be part of the 40k universe, just separated by the aforementioned Warp Storms (possibly in the Maelstrom, or even the Eye), which is why Sigmar was a rumored Primarch.

I think at some point, GW announced that the WFB and 40k universes were totally separate, though. I can't remember where or when the announcement was made, though. Possibly in a White Dwarf? Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Veteran-Sergeant

I do, but I cant recall where it was said either. Its to bad, becouse Sigmar works for a Primarch really well.

I'd like to know who the tyranids really are...

or who pulls the strings behind their curtain.

like if it's the old ones or some other intelligent race from another galaxy. because I simply can't believe that what "we" now see is all of the secret. the nids are too much of a biological weapon to not be "whielded" by someone....

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    I remember that the WFB used to be part of the 40k universe, just separated by the aforementioned Warp Storms (possibly in the Maelstrom, or even the Eye), which is why Sigmar was a rumored Primarch.

I think at some point, GW announced that the WFB and 40k universes were totally separate, though. I can't remember where or when the announcement was made, though. Possibly in a White Dwarf? Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
    Too bad. I say eff em. I love the notion that the WHFB universe is on an isolated planet in the same galaxy as everything else and that Sigmar is a Primarch. Bad *** notion if you ask me.

Chaplain

Agreed. Regardless of what the party line, I still hold on to the notion that the WFB world lurks somewhere in the 40K galaxy, blissfully unaware of the horrors around them and yet gleefully partaking in the same sort of butchery. The irony is just too delicious.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Veteran-Sergeant

I seem to remember hearing/reading somewhere once that the WFB world is actually Warhammer 50,000. The numerous races essentially bombed themselves back into the iron age and the few survivors are still fighting it out on one measly little planet...

Don't know if it's true, but I always loved the irony of that idea.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLord127 View Post
    I think that the other two c'tan should be revealed... I know that they couldn't, as the Void Dragon *might* be on Mars (hahaha.... might be....), but it would still be cool to see what the VD and the Outsider look like.... or maybe some rules/models for them. I know it would never happen though, as it would change too much established fluff...
    Yes! Have the Void Dragon wake up and leave Mars. Decimating most of the Adeptus Mechanicus and revealing that they have been worshiping him all this time and that all Imperial technology is based off of him.

I hate to burst anyones bubble, as it would be cool if they really did exist (the 2 missing legions), but I'm pretty sure they only existed to provide players with a clean slate to make up their own stories, one for Imperial, and one for Chaos.

Although it has been mentioned twice so far in the HH stuff, once during Horus' hallucinations (or time travel, depends how you want to look at it) guided by Erebus, and once between Malcador and Dorn. I don't know of that passage someone said Horus said, something about wanting 2 more? I recently reread the first 4 books and I didn't notice it.

Personally I've loved all the mystery and lore involved in the 40k story, but it's also unbelievably awesome to pick up these new books and know you're about to discover answers that have been forgotten for 10 thousand years. Some of the stories might suck but the word 'epic' fits the atmosphere pretty well. Treading in the footsteps of legends.

Initiate

On the subject of the 2 missing Primarchs/Legions, I remember when it used to be 3 I think the Raven Guard were retconned in afterwards to make it an even 9v9 in the HH.

After the Dorn and Malcador conversation olong the lines of 'We don't talk about that' in reference to the last 2 Primarchs/Legions, maybe the 2 missing Primarchs lost their round of [Primarch] Fight Club?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Forhekset View Post
    I hate to burst anyones bubble, as it would be cool if they really did exist (the 2 missing legions), but I'm pretty sure they only existed to provide players with a clean slate to make up their own stories, one for Imperial, and one for Chaos.

Although it has been mentioned twice so far in the HH stuff, once during Horus' hallucinations (or time travel, depends how you want to look at it) guided by Erebus, and once between Malcador and Dorn. I don't know of that passage someone said Horus said, something about wanting 2 more? I recently reread the first 4 books and I didn't notice it.

Personally I've loved all the mystery and lore involved in the 40k story, but it's also unbelievably awesome to pick up these new books and know you're about to discover answers that have been forgotten for 10 thousand years. Some of the stories might suck but the word 'epic' fits the atmosphere pretty well. Treading in the footsteps of legends.
    Ahhh... that was my bad. Hadn't read the book in a while. It was Dorn and Malcador, my bad.

And yes, I totally agree, that from GW's standpoint, the only reason to have two missing legions would be to allow players to come up with them. Otherwise we would have had definitive answers long ago.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast