BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new to necrons

Battle-Brother

Default new to necrons

So I have 32 Warriors , 2 boxes of Immortals , 1 box of phantoms , 1 ark , 1 lord , 1 annihilation barge and 1 scythe
    All in sprues . Except the lord which is build .
    So what should i build ?

Especially the immortals are my point of interest .

The scythe will get magnetized .
    The phantoms ? to they need any upgrades ?
    Ark will be a ghost ark i think .

Immortals....given the 32 Warriors, I'd go with the Tesla Carbines, simply because the Warriors are bringing the Gauss!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Scout

The Barge and the Scythe should be the first things you build, then if you have the cash go and buy some more I run 3 scythes and 3 barges with most of my Necron lists, they are awesome. I would build your Immortals for sure, how you arm them is down to what you prefer guns wise, goes the same for the Barge but to be honest I always run Tesla on the barges just for the obscene amount of shots you can pump out. As for the Immortals I like to use two units of 10, one with Tesla and one with Gauss, I like Gauss but I tend to go up against a lot of vehicles and gauss does tend to help Ark's can be cool but usually in pairs or more I find works best. Warriors are cheap and useful, 10+ in a scythe dropping them off on the turn they come in with 12' of a vehicle and you can rapid fire it too death. Just remember that most Necrons are not Fearless and still run away after losing combat, which a lot of them will, keep your distance as much as you can with warriors and immortals and shoot the enemy to death.

Not sure what Phantoms are??

Your going to want to take advantage of crypteks, I make mine out of Lychguard models and use the deathmark heads. Character wise Zahndrekh is great, so is Anrakyr on a barge. If you want some CC go with Wraiths with whips and a Destroyer Lord, will kill most things quite easily. Doom Scythes are always fun too, I always run one of those as well.

If you want some list ideas just ask

Battle-Brother

Ah sorry , in German the wraiths are called phantoms

And rxcky herewith i ask for same list ideas

wraiths aka phantoms are very nasty to play against... very fast... very durable ... dont like ST 8 weapons though !

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by egorene View Post
    Ah sorry , in German the wraiths are called phantoms

And rxcky herewith i ask for same list ideas
    Ah, got you, ok so you are half way there to what I would go for as for those guys. My Necron list doesn't change much now as it seems to work quite well, here it is:

HQ:
    Zahndrekh on a Barge = 265
    Destroyer Lord with Sempiternal Weave and Mindshackle Scarabs (love these things) = 160
    Royal Court:
    Cryptek Destruction with Solar Pulse = 55
    Cryptek Destruction = 35
    Cryptek Storm with Lightning Field = 35
    Troops:
    Warriors x 14
    Night Scythe = 282
    Immortals x10
    Nightscythe = 270
    Immortals x 10
    Nightscythe = 270
    Fast:
    Wraiths x6
    Whip Coils x5 = 270
    Heavy:
    Annihilation Barge = 90
    Annihilation Barge = 90

Destroyer Lord with the Wraiths, Crypteks go one with each troop, stick the Storm tek with whichever one will be hunting the Tanks, Voltaic staffs are brutal against vehicles, this cryptek alone with lucky rolls will finish off a vehicle on his own. Zahndrekh should mostly stay out of the way of things if he can, his Barge is AV13 until penetrated so he's pretty durable, I usually put him between the Annihilation Barges so he can see the enemy. His abilities are some of the best for messing up your opponent, taking Tank Hunter away from Longstrike is a particular favourite of mine Use the solar pulse to keep it night fighting as long as you can to help get your Wraiths closer and give your Barges better cover saves, then when your flyers start popping in use Zahndrekh to give them Tank Hunter and those Gauss rolls to penetrate get re-rolled, 14 rapid fire gauss guns from those warriors with re-rolls on the pen and you will get 4 6's and thats a dead raider. You also have the bonus of taking in your flyers if your opponent brings stuff on from reserve due to Zahndrekh as well, just watch with this one though, it does mean that your opponent misses out on his Interceptor if he has any but your deep striking and can scatter, if your up against an army with a lot of skyfire then also maybe just keep them in reserve. Other than that the list speaks for itself, you pretty much own the skies with this many fliers, just keep those warriors and immortals out of enemy reach. If you position it right you can fly the scythes on and land the troops at either end of the table then next turn turn the flyers 90 degrees and fly over and pick the units up again from the opposite ends, thus keeping them out of enemy reach.

Battle-Brother

I think your list is sweet . But i will try to play with what i have .

So first i will look like the following :

Lord 205 points
    2+/3+ , mindshackle Scarabs, warscythe, reg.orb ,

elite 5 lych guard Hyperphase swords + disp. shields 225

Troops :
    10 Warriors 130pts
    10 Warriors 130 pts
    10 Warriors 130 pts
    10 Immortals Gauss 170 pts
    Nightscythe 100 pts
    Ghost Ark 115 pts
    Nightscythe 100 pts
    Fast : 5 Wraiths
    5 whip coils 225 pts
    4 scarabs 60pts
    Heavy 2 Annihilation barge 180

most of it is here and the rest should be no problem to aquire
    Last edited by egorene; 10-19-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Scout

Obviously start with what you've got and go from there, it's the way it should be. Necrons are a trial an error army I found, there's so many combo's you can push out with them, it's what makes them a great army. The thing to remember is that almost all their guns have only a 24 inch range so you have to make sure your close enough to shoot but not too close to get assaulted. watch with the Lychguard, as awesome models as they are a squad of 5 will die quick enough to massed fire, if you can deliver them close enough to do some punching then they can be pretty solid in combat, you just need to keep them alive long enough

Let us know how your list does in the first few games, good luck

try six units of immortals with 3 wraith units screening them... almost as funny as flying circus on most tables... and only about 80 figures {with a few hq}... a friend of mine 'made' his own wraith and they look good and cost virtually zip...

Battle-Brother

Dave that would be nice , but money is a limited quantity here
    Actually i am still building and trying to paint them .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast