BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default LARP'ers, make ye' self known!

Hey guys, who are the LARP'ers amungst us!? I know you're out there!

Brother-Captain

Tried it once, seemed fun but to high commitment compared to pen and paper.
    Going as a monster sounds fun though.
    Any Aussie LARP folks out there near sydney, maybe I'll join you in 2 weeks when I start living there :O
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Occuli Imperator

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?35170-A-Crash-Course-in-LARP[/url]

Some here...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Rallanoss, apprentice tongue loosener and finder of facts to the Jhereg Nation.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

I LARPed for several years. It was fun, but the time commitment was too much. I had to choose between LARP and my marriage; I chose my marriage.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Not for many years. Ran both Camarilla and Sabbat based Vampire: The Masquerade LARP games. I've also played in Werewolf, Changeling, and World of Darkness games. There's a reason for my internet appelation and chosen picture... Necromancy was never the most powerful Discipline, just the most disturbing.

If I could find the players, I'd be running a Vampire game now. I ****ing love me some Vampire LARP.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    I LARPed for several years. It was fun, but the time commitment was too much. I had to choose between LARP and my marriage; I chose my marriage.

*scuttles off*
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I used to be part of a team running a Vampire game, but stopped when da Gwen was on her way (so, over 10 years now).
    Really REALLY got burned out on it, especially with it seeming that everyone had "Lore: Everything in the world" maxed out.

I've heard good things about various Warhammer Fantasy LARPS and if one happened near me I'd probably have to check it out. (same with a good 40K LARP rules set)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Brother-Captain

I'm not into LARP at all, but one of my housemates and my brother are massive fans of it and are off this weekend to some event or other. I think they take part in 2 groups and I know one of them is called Dumnonie (I have no idea if that is the correct spelling). My brother has enough kit that's long since overtaken the storage closet it started out in and has assimilated about half of his lounge space thus far.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!